New pics of T-90 in Luhansk

51 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

I wonder what museum those came out of!

No, no, no!  They were captured from Ukrainian forces!  No wait, they were bought off of eBay!  No wait, they were put there by NATO to discredit Russia! No wait, they were shot down by a Ukrainian SU-25.  No wait... ah, what's the point :)

Seriously though, these pictures are better than the previous pictures which already corroborated the first hand accounts of T-90s being in Luhansk during the Russian Federation August/September 2014 counter offensive.  So in that sense this tells us nothing we didn't already know (or already denied, depending on the person), however it is good to have even more evidence of the truth than less.  Just like Stratfor's recently released satellite image of the infamous BUK on a road in Makiivka, Ukraine on the morning MH-17 was shot down.  Nothing new.

Steve

44 minutes ago, kinophile said:

To play devils advocate... That's a T90 in some nice looking shrubbery (I particularly like the laurels).

Could be anywhere.....

Further information please.... 

"See that piece of shrubbery to the left- that only grows on the grounds of Luhansk airport and dies immediately upon being moved . Shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies."

The first tip off this is in Ukraine is what is being worn by the soldiers.  Can anybody show me photos of Russian service personnel in Russia dressed like this?  I doubt it.  The second tip off is a battle scared landmark, which Ivanov was kind enough to point to :D

This is not news for those of us who have been following this war since the beginning.  Here's an article from October 2014 documenting the movement of T-90s in Luhansk (note the original VK page of the soldier who uploaded these pics is gone, which is usual once an OPSEC leak is discovered).  Notice the same un-military greenblob on the MG ammo box:

https://informnapalm.org/en/russian-t-90-tanks-136th-motorized-rifle-brigade-luhansk-region/

There's a couple other known photos, but the ones just released are by far the most obvious.  As the article linked to above indicates, the suspect unit is the 4th Company, 136th Motor Rifle Brigade (Separate).  Here is more documentation of the unit and its involvement in combat inside of Ukraine:

Pictures before moving into Ukraine in August 2014 and after:

https://informnapalm.org/1943-tanky-t-90-y-sau-akatsyya-136-j-msbr-yz-dagestana-na-granytse-s-ukraynoj/

https://informnapalm.org/2320-fotosessyy-rossyjskyh-tankystov-136-j-msbr-s-komandyrovky/

The unit also appears to have taken part in the Russian Federation's Debaltseve offensive:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cca_1424147125

http://24today.net/open/311583

The inability of Russia to keep it's soldiers and news media from documenting the not-very-hidden war activities of Russian Federation forces is one of the most fascinating parts of this conflict.

Steve

4 hours ago, VladimirTarasov said:

Guys obviously that tank was brought into service from old Ukrainan stocks (sarcasm) to be fair the T-90s were brought in for a short period to help tip the battle in LPR's favor :D 

Yeah, the T-90s seem to have been deployed once maybe twice in a company sized formation each time.  The only confirmed battles I've seen were the ones around the Luhansk airport.  Though I think there was one just north of that recorded around the same time, but I forget if that was confirmed or not.  In any case, not many nor long.

However, they were not likely sent into Ukraine to "tip the balance" since the thousands of other Russian forces attacking from the Black Sea all the way north of Luhansk were sufficient to tip the balance.  No, the T-90s were most likely deployed to field test them under combat conditions (i.e. killing Ukrainians instead of targets).  Same assumption for things like the BTR-82s that were spotted in Donetsk during the 2014 Russian counter offensive.  Plus, at the time the Russian government was in full "liar, liar, pants on fire" mode about its war in Ukraine, so T-90s all over the place would have created even more opportunities for proof.

Steve

I read the topic and it seems that some users in the nightmares dream of сhechens.
Then i remembered a fragment of Lermontov's verses.

Over the rocks, the Terek River flows
With turbulent muddy current
A wicked chechen crawls ashore
Already sharpening his dagger
But your father is an old soldier
Hardened from many-a-battle
Sleep Maljutka, and be calm
Bayushki Bayu.

"Почитал тему и показалось что некоторым юзерам в кошмарах чеченцы снятся .И тут же вспомнил отрывок стиха Лермонтова .

По камням струится Терек,
Плещет мутный вал;
Злой чечен ползет на берег,
Точит свой кинжал;
Но отец твой старый воин,
Закален в бою:
Спи, малютка, будь спокоен,
Баюшки-баю."

16 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yeah, the T-90s seem to have been deployed once maybe twice in a company sized formation each time.  The only confirmed battles I've seen were the ones around the Luhansk airport.  Though I think there was one just north of that recorded around the same time, but I forget if that was confirmed or not.  In any case, not many nor long.

However, they were not likely sent into Ukraine to "tip the balance" since the thousands of other Russian forces attacking from the Black Sea all the way north of Luhansk were sufficient to tip the balance.  No, the T-90s were most likely deployed to field test them under combat conditions (i.e. killing Ukrainians instead of targets).  Same assumption for things like the BTR-82s that were spotted in Donetsk during the 2014 Russian counter offensive.  Plus, at the time the Russian government was in full "liar, liar, pants on fire" mode about its war in Ukraine, so T-90s all over the place would have created even more opportunities for proof.

Steve

Yeah you're right, probably field testing. But T-90s would indeed help against Ukrainian AT assets and the battle around Luhansk airport was very intense.