Snow laden trees

Is it possible to get snow-laden trees in CMFB?  There were settings in CMBO/BB that presented trees with snow weighing down the branches, which was visually appealing (and accurate for recent snowfall).  Am I missing the magic settings, or is this absent from CMFB?

Is the problem having to bend the branches to show the weight of the snow?  Any chance of a feature being added later?  I don't usually post about eye-candy issues, but snow maps don't look right to me with bare trees.

(Post Script: Knowing this crowd, having used the term "laden" I can count on someone asking "African or European?" My answer is: "European.")

They did want snow-laden 'Xmas' trees in the game but tree branches are mapped in such a way that there's no consistent top-side/bottom-side to 'em. Believe me, I tried. There were discussions, suggestions, proposals about this, but it simply wasn't in the budget to remodel/replace/recode the trees in the game. Removing and replacing items in a game this complex is like a big game of Jenga. You might inadvertently topple the whole thing while trying.

Bear in mind its not just a model. Its also the animations for branches blowing in the wind, its figuring the LOS calculations, and the bare trunk with leaves toggled off. Plus creating multiple progressively-lower resolution LOD trees and distant tree sprites. We're talking time, expense (not inconsiderable), and the distraction from more pressing issues. Like I said, they wanted it. They just wanted more important stuff more.

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Bear in mind its not just a model. Its also the animations for branches blowing in the wind, its figuring the LOS calculations, and the bare trunk with leaves toggled off. Plus creating multiple progressively-lower resolution LOD trees and distant tree sprites. We're talking time, expense (not inconsiderable), and the distraction from more pressing issues. Like I said, they wanted it. They just wanted more important stuff more.

But it is quite essential, wouldn't you say? I mean, it really should be modeled. I'm sure someone will come with a satisfactory mod sooner or later, but it is a rather odd choice not to include it in the first place. No offense.