Which Will Appear First: The Bulge or The Easter Bunny?

BLSTK

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moderators locked the "Someone laid an egg . . . " thread, for unknown reasons.  Apparently they thought it was offensive or something, and threatened to suspend the OPs account.  I just don't get it.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with that thread.  It was kind of funny.  The game didn't release on Easter, and they made a joke.  There was no religion bashing of any sort.

But, they'll keep a thread with half naked ladies, and posts about sloppy seconds.  Which I find hilarious, but what's the difference here?  Sex jokes, or jokes about the game not releasing on Easter, and some lighthearted humor about laying eggs.

I just don't understand why these guys have to be so uptight here.  

I love their games, and I eagerly await the release of Final Blitzkrieg.  But, for Pete's sake, lighten up Francis!

-- Sgt. Hulka

Edited by FroBodine

4 minutes ago, FroBodine said:

The moderators locked the "Someone laid an egg . . . " thread, for unknown reasons.  Apparently they thought it was offensive or something, and threatened to suspend the OPs account.  I just don't get it.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with that thread.  It was kind of funny.  The game didn't release on Easter, and they made a joke.  There was no religion bashing of any sort.

But, they'll keep a thread with half naked ladies, and posts about sloppy seconds.  Which I find hilarious, but what's the difference here?  Sex jokes, or jokes about the game not releasing on Easter, and some lighthearted humor about laying eggs.

I just don't understand why these guys have to be so uptight here.  

I love their games, and I eagerly await the release of Final Blitzkrieg.  But, for Pete's sake, lighten up Francis!

-- Sgt. Hulka

I see it differently. I don't blame Battlefront for locking that thread. The same person made FIVE separate, pointless posts. Maybe just for attention or to boost his post count, or possibly to stir up unnecessary strife. I am not an anti-troll type either, who looks to stamp out all dissent, but in that case it was a pretty obvious troll thread  imo.

30 minutes ago, Ales Dvorak said:

Maybe BLSTK took advice to have his own CMFB thread too seriously. While his Italian thread is ok...

Ok is an optimistic assessment ... it is essentially a dull monologue that I'm sure Steve didn't feel needing repeating here.

Edited by Combatintman

Ok, I apologize to the forum moderators.  I see now this guy is a posting spammer.  Repeatedly posting one liners to his own threads.  I didn't notice that, but now I see it is all over the place.  You did a good thing locking that other thread.  The dude is out of control with his repeated postings.

As you were!

neck out…

Frobodine, your point is actually well taken; too bad you've retreated. …blstk I’m not sure what you’re angle is but you’re probably a pretty smart guy with just a bit too much time on your hands. That being said, it’s unfortunate that to be considered a “member” of this forum, an absurd amount of dogged obsequiousness and not so thinly veiled snark is required for an unspecified amount of time until you have been inundated into, post my bunny of the month status. (sorry Emery’s)

Illustrating the point; as an acknowledged "lurker", I started a thread that was completely complimentary to Bud B and the franchise in general, hoping to possibly inspire some life and humor and it was initially well received; only it was quickly shut down by spam and more importantly, what reminded me of my grammar school principal…namely the moderator

In short; there is nothing family friendly about intentionally plastering human beings (pixellated or otherwise) with high explosive. There is nothing remotely family friendly about this subject matter in general. In contrast (and I would presume the devs agree), WW2 is the most significant event the world has ever experienced and the brilliance of CM is that it allows you to explore that event in the context of tactical analysis and execution without moral debt; an immense accomplishment!! However, I hope my own son is hopelessly consumed with @&#^ing the bejesus out of *birds* in barns before he’s ever consumed with smothering platoons with all the family love that CM provides; (I keep my screen doors well oiled) but I digress…

Point is; no one would be on this forum if they weren’t entirely impressed and daresay smitten by the tactical combat simulation that CM provides. Just, it would be nice if the devs/community were more welcoming to the “lurkers” beyond the 20-30 people that have primarily inhabited the “commentary” of the forum for its' duration. That respect should absolutely extended from the developers to their broader base. Fwiw, people like blstk maybe not so utterly wasteful and may contribute something meaningful if they were actually appreciated. Bombs away &

head rolls..

And now that this thread has resurfaced, I think it's time to lock it up.

BLSTK, please do not start threads like this again.  Imagine how difficult it would be to get anything useful out of this Forum if even a half dozen people took it upon themselves to do this sort of thing on a regular basis.  The reason this doesn't happen is people, for the most part, understand that carving out a personal exception for themselves isn't the right way to go.

In the past we allow a single "Peng" thread as an outlet for creative postings.  Even that is controversial at times with people asking that it be shut down entirely.

Steve