HQ Battle for Normandy footage.

Very clear footage, hadn't seen most of it before. Some of it sems a bit too clear though, is it mixed with movie clips?

But terrible all in all. What a complete disaster for so many young men who just happened to be born in the wrong country at the wrong time. And for many of those who had to go fight them of course.

Edited by Bulletpoint

Jeeze, did you see some of the comments? Some people really thought the wrong side lost the war.

Yes, it IS disturbing. I had to stop reading those comments after seeing one that said:

"Poor demonized Germans. Even now people are still demonizing them based on propaganda from World War I and II"

And this person was being completely serious....

Could be cool to have two "layers" for each vehicle. 1: the basic vehicle. 2: the situational vehicle.

So, a Panzer IV would basically always be the basic Panzer IV, but then have a situational detail layer that made it have foliage camouflage in Normandy, or mud, rust and half-missing dented armour skirts when fighting on the East Front, etc. Not only a texture change.

I know it would be extra work etc. but just freely speculating now.

Could be cool to have two "layers" for each vehicle. 1: the basic vehicle. 2: the situational vehicle.

So, a Panzer IV would basically always be the basic Panzer IV, but then have a situational detail layer that made it have foliage camouflage in Normandy, or mud, rust and half-missing dented armour skirts when fighting on the East Front, etc. Not only a texture change.

I know it would be extra work etc. but just freely speculating now.

You know, it would be a lot of work to implement, but it would save a lot of work down the road to incorporate more modular elements into the game engine.