AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Doug,

I guess your forces could blitzkrieg on down there and bust them upside their commie red heads! :D

Migojo has trenches and is the 30 point VP and a supply point so I ask the question if perhaps the forest units should move to Migojo at the turn 1b movement opportunity IF Migojo is still in axis hands???

At the start of turn 1b you both get another action card! Oh boy, don't you just wonder what yours will be!  I have some real gems in the deck...

By the time we start 1b I will have your leader units all prettied up and on the map up with III Korps.

Doug,

I guess your forces could blitzkrieg on down there and bust them upside their commie red heads! :D

Migojo has trenches and is the 30 point VP and a supply point so I ask the question if perhaps the forest units should move to Migojo at the turn 1b movement opportunity IF Migojo is still in axis hands???

At the start of turn 1b you both get another action card! Oh boy, don't you just wonder what yours will be!  I have some real gems in the deck...

By the time we start 1b I will have your leader units all prettied up and on the map up with III Korps.

Phil (6th Armee Commander)

I will relook the plan to meet the 6th Armee Commander's intent which appears to keep the supply point open for further 6th Armee operations.  I see a mission change to retain the supply point at Migojo.  I will have my staff go through a quick mission analysis and come back to you with my course of action.

In the interim, 46 Fusilier conducts a perimeter defense of Migojo vic (1,7) to retain the 6th Armee supply point (mission change) while attritting and turning the Allies into EA Lila.  

Additional planning is ongoing with mission changes coming to other units.  Intent is to conduct counterattacks to support 46th Infantry Division defense of Migojo.

More to follow.

Hey Doug,

You have a supply point in each VP hex to represent some stockpiling of supplies/fuel. I may have not made that clear til now. Sorry!

But I didn't want you to adandon Migojo without knowing that fact.

You CAN order 46 Fus Bn to conduct demolitions of the supplies and I would roll some die to determine how much they were able to get rid if and how much would remain for your use or for capture by the enemy. Of course some supplies are not usable by the enemy but it is a generic concept and some would be of their use if they capture Migojo.

In a pure Panzer Campaign scenario you win by owning the VP's at the end and you also get points for destruction of enemy units and not losing your own. 

So, 6th Armee would say to keep hold of those 2 hexes or wrench them back out of the enemy hands if they fall.

Destroy the enemy forces, preserve your own and keep open lines of communication between the 2 towns.

Edited by kohlenklau

FLASH MOD!

Here they are. Take 'em or leave 'em. 3 slightly different T34/85 turrets for this battle. 1 has white bear emblem, 1 has a faded bear emblem and 1 has a bigger bear, a number and a slogan "Onward to Budapest".

Probably will not match up well to somebody else's weathered hulls but will be fine with stock hulls.

https://www.dropbox....HCZMsurGIa?dl=0

Onward_zpsgrmtbvub.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

Fight looks bad, poorly solved it was great to sit in the city and wait, the russian  roller crushes everything, nothing you did not destroy a tank immobilized on a mine. The enemy will lose some infantry and all that, artillery fire ineffective any tank does not burn. It's hard to stop tanks without AT.  :(

Forest battle, turn 1

Herr Oberst!

Our Stugs caught ennemy tanks in the open right as they started their attack!

2 russians tanks KO'ed and no losses so far on our side!

Hauptmann Serk.

Edited by Serk

Forest battle, turn 3,

Two more T-34 ko'ed (4 in total)! Last remaining spotted tank is reversing in panic after taking some machine gun fire. One stug down but 3 crewmembers out of 4 made it back to our lines.

Soviet infantry is rushing the tree line to harass the forward stug currently engaging the T-34's. I will order it to fall back once the panicking tank is dealt with.

Hauptmann Serk.

Note: No screenshots yet as I'm playing the turns too quickly and I always forget to take any. I'll do my best to present one of the front line in my next report.

Edited by Serk