AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Thanks Doug. Now my old eyes can see it 100%. :D

I have created 2 dropbox folders. 1 for each battle and invites are going out to the players.

I have some slight tweaks to do to the forest battle but it should be ready to start tonight after the opponents have reviewed it.

Migojo battle is in production and will be done tonight.

I had a look at the map. Flat terrain covered with woods and crossed by a river.  There is also a railroad and a road. Not many distinguishing terrain feature IMO, but russian armor should have trouble moving foward.

What are your orders commander? defend the line to prevent encirclement of the town?

Kohlenklau, I'm not that good at spotting area where you can cross a river. Can you tell me how many there are and where?

Thanks

Serk

Serk

In looking at your situation, 46 Fusilier conducts a retrograde to link up with 52 Pz Jg Abt and Volksdeutsche Kp turning Allied forces north while attriting them.  Artillery is supporting your effort (see III Panzer Korps Direct Support Artillery & Air Plan 230600SEP1944  http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120078-axis-hqaar-cmpzc-operation-nyakleves/page-6#entry1620319 ). I look forward to seeing your forces combined with  52 Pz Jg Abt and Volksdeutsche Kp by 0800 hours.

Edited by fabishdFGM

Fresh air and sunshine: Serk is in the forest with the StuGs and Volksdeutsche Kompanie. He will fight Snols.

Quaint shops and pretty girls: mirek once again has the Fusiliers in Migojo. He will fight Pallebahtep.

Phil

Thank you for keeping my straight on who the commanders are  :huh: .

Can we discuss and kick around your current plan for 46Fus.Bn. retrograde out of Migojo and to go into the forest hex?

Are you telling him to exit the map during this CM battle or you will move him at 0700 during your turn 1b axis movements?

Phil

The ideal execution of the plan is dependent on several things.

1. How the 46 Fusilier battle goes.  If successful, then what are the results of the battle for both Allied & German?  46 Fusilier will retrograde during 1b.
  2. How the 46 Fusilier battle goes.  If unsuccessful, then 46 Fusilier should be looking to move off the CM map during battle.
  3. How the 52 Pz Jg Abt battle goes.  If successful, what are the results of the battle for both Allied & German? 46 Fusilier will retrograde during 1b.
  4. How the 52 Pz Jg Abt battle goes.  If unsuccessful, what are the results of the battle for both Allied & German? 52 Pz Jg Abt looks to stay and defend vic (1,6).  46 Fusilier will retrograde during 1b.
Edited by fabishdFGM

The CMPzC rules for defenders retreating off the field are evolving. To encourage CM battle resolution and discourage a kind of

run away and hide approach with these op layer battles, there have been blanket % loss penalties to the defender who chooses

to go out the back door.

I can do this as part of an evolving rules and gameplay:

Your axis set up zones will have 3 colors and will be established as for defense of the Migojo hex. 

Trucks will not be near the heavy weapons at start but will arrive as an R group in the rear sometime during the battle.

1 StuG shifted from the forest hex will arrive in the rear of Migojo as a reinforcement sometime during the battle.

I will track your battle as observing umpire.

Whatever happens I will evaluate and make a call on impact for turn 1b. Think: Disruption, disorganization, delays and losses.

I recommend to keep in touch with Hauptmann Mirek and monitor his radio frequency. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

The CMPzC rules for defenders retreating off the field are evolving. To encourage CM battle resolution and discourage a kind of

run away and hide approach with these op layer battles, there have been blanket % loss penalties to the defender who chooses

to go out the back door.

I can do this as part of an evolving rules and gameplay:

Your axis set up zones will have 3 colors and will be established as for defense of the Migojo hex. 

Trucks will not be near the heavy weapons at start but will arrive as an R group in the rear sometime during the battle.

1 StuG shifted from the forest hex will arrive in the rear of Migojo as a reinforcement sometime during the battle.

I will track your battle as observing umpire.

Whatever happens I will evaluate and make a call on impact for turn 1b. Think: Disruption, disorganization, delays and losses.

I recommend to keep in touch with Hauptmann Mirek and monitor his radio frequency. :D

Phil

I am trying to give mirekm61 the tactical flexibility that he needs given how the battle is going.  In addition to this tactical flexibility, I am trying to maintain some operational flexibility.  If both battles go well, there is a remote possibility mirekm61 will stay in the same hex.

The thing that worries me at the operational level is the Allied units at vic 2,6.  These combined arms units have the potential to overwhelm either of the 46th Infantry units individually.  The results of both the 46 Fusilier and 52 Pz Jg Abt battles are key to what I will do during 1b.

The Allied forces can start rotating units against the 46th Infantry Division which will give them the opportunity to constantly have fresh units attacking the 46th Infantry Division and grind them to nothing.  I am unable to rotate fresh units to repel these local attacks which is a reason for the 46 Fusilier to retrograde to the 52 Pz Jg Abt.

I am not sure how the PzC game play affects this which is why I am trying to explain my thought process for the retrograde thought given the CM tactical battle results.  I hope this makes sense.

Doug

CMPzC ACHIEVEMENT TROPHIES!

This is a new feature and the below preview shows work in progress (by the one and only Juju) for CMPzC Achievement Trophies.

Achievement%20preview_zpsojt9zwpi.jpg

A table will eventually be uploaded to explain their meaning, some are obvious of course!

I will be keeping an eye to award them as they occur or by the end screen results.

They go to the team as well as the PBEM commander fighting the battle.