Damage Decals

Kelzhat

Hello all,

i bought today cm black sea - at first it is a great game - i have all the other cm games and this one is the best - great job to you designers and thanks for the great game.

I have al ittle question - i played the training campaign and after my tanks hit the enemy tanks at the shooting range i can´t find any hit decals on the enemy tanks/ vehicles?! Is this a bug? I read that this game use the combat mission 3.0 engine where the hit decals are implemented but i dont found any hit decals at this time?!

Many thanks

Yeah make sure shaders are on, it might also be worth exiting the game and then restarting as I'm sure I've read a thread somewhere where somebody didn't get the decals showing initially. But they are in game for sure.

post-40653-0-55474800-1424470057.jpg

My high viz decals, showing hits from a M2 HMG

P

post-40653-0-55474800-1424470057_thumb.j

Edited by Pete Wenman

ok i tried it out - if a jeep was hit by a rifle grenade you can see a hit decal but on the tanks/ apc or so i found nothing :-(

sorry i mean that if my tank hit an enemy tank/ apc there is no hit decal but if my infanterie hit with a rifle grenade a jeep there is a hit decal - also if my m2a3 hit the jeep there is also a hit decal to see

I have found that hit decals sometimes get lost under outer polygons, and can still be found by carefully moving the camera until you clip into the 3D model. However, sometimes they just seem to get lost altogether. If you see a spot where hit decals are consistently disappearing, you might want to post a report here, as this can indicate a damage model bug (especially if ERA is not hit/removed and decals are appearing behind the ERA).

There is definitely an issue with ERA blocks not having hit decal on them but the underlying armour does for some vehicles in some cases. In the case where you cannot find hit decals have a look under the ERA block. If they are there report it - please.

But, an era block should be exploded if it has a hit decal under it? In my experience I noticed that russian tanks aren't doing good with exploded era and hit decals. Mostly I can't find where the penetration occurred and end up like in the screenshot the op posted. Probably has to do with these models being kinda complex, with era blocks made up by several different shapes and so on. Yet, seems a feature still half-broken to me

Hi all - what is era blocks and how can i have a look under this blocks? Where i must report this bug? greetings

Some vehicles have what look like bricks on the outside - the Bradleys show it off very well but they are on various tanks too. If you move the camera through a model you can see the inside. If you do it just right you can actually see the armor underneath the ERA blocks. If you do that and find that there are hit decals on the armour under the blocks but the block is still there that is a bug. It is possible for the blocks to not trigger and have a hit decal of their own on them too.

I think if you start posing screen shots and game saves here that would be a good start.

But, an era block should be exploded if it has a hit decal under it? In my experience I noticed that russian tanks aren't doing good with exploded era and hit decals. Mostly I can't find where the penetration occurred and end up like in the screenshot the op posted. Probably has to do with these models being kinda complex, with era blocks made up by several different shapes and so on. Yet, seems a feature still half-broken to me

Exactly that is the bug. Yes probably it is due to the different shapes etc.

To give a less cryptic explanation of 'ERA' for newbies :) , it stands for 'explosive reactive armor'. Its something of an explosives sandwich (a much simplified description). A shaped charge projectile hits it and the ERA block explosion is supposed to disrupt the HEAT jet before it penetrates the main armor. There's different types. T64BV has lost of small blocks, Bradley has big bulky cubes, Abrams has the cubes with a second overlay of thin curved ERA plates. T84 Oblot and T90 have ERA built right into the bow! Properly-designed ERA is not supposed to be set off by small caliber weapons strikes.