"CMPzC Campaign: The Road to Eindhoven".....are you interested?

Alrighty folks, we have a mini-battle coming at you here in day or so. The scenario is being finalized. 

It will be covered by some AAR's in the forum.

I hope you enjoy seeing Bil Hardenberger and IanL go head to head!

This mini-battle will attempt to show the events that just took place at the beginning of the very first PzC turn.

The Irish Guards moved up the road and attempted to cross the Dommel River Bridge.

If you have never played PzC before, you left click, you right click and the firing can occur very

quickly as the internal math is crunched to determine the results and they are only briefly displayed. 

This shifts that to the CM world. We zoom in and slow things down. This mini-battle is an appetizer.

It is for fun and enjoyment and to stall while I gear up for the big main battle! :D

..and no matter the results of this mini-battle, we will continue on with the status as from the PzC action. 

Edited by kohlenklau

It will be fine! Get a hold of yourself.

Oh, hey...please download and install the following mods so the PBEM looks good against Bil!!

Allies side: Jeep. 37mm cannon.

Axis side: King Tiger, Flak 88, Panther D, Panther G, Panther E-100 and the Maus supertank....oh...and the Hindenberg dirigible.

The ratte will arrive as reinforcements five minutes into the battle.

post-336969-047371700%201298502218.jpg

Edited by Raptorx7

IanL and Bil Hardenberger have the H2H PBEM scenario that represents the action at the bridge over the mighty river Dommel.

It is uploaded to their dropbox and also each has separately been passed a final supplemental brief.

They may start after they have read it and if they have no further questions, they may arrange to meet on the field of battle!

I hope everyone enjoys this fruit of my imagination. I playtested it several times and it is fun. Warning: it is "different"...

Edited by kohlenklau

OK,  I finally have little mini-battle 2 all bathed and in bed for its H2H PBEM story with Uncle Bil and Uncle Ian.

Now I can shift gears and go finish the full scale battle map for Hex (1,7).

I don't have to write any backstory or select forces. So, it should be ready by tomorrow night.

Ready. Steady. GO!

So, from a huge master map started by Bletchley Geek, 4km by 4km! I use the x,y feature of the 2D map editor to find my corners. I have a 1000m by 1500m rectangle, more or less where I want it. I am NOT saying the corners here in CM are the same exact Lat/Long as above. But close enough for me.

I want all my edits in prep for the CMPzC battle on the 2D map to be captured to enhance the overall project but I need to focus on the area I need for now so I have marked the key corner nodes with quad blocks of hi-viz 8 story tall churches. Then when done, I save as the master map with longer filename  with a date-time stamp. Then I crop out and save as my actual battle map. Get it? :D

Hex%2018%20CMBN%20MG_zpswl0krklz.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

edit: Mark, The answer is that your battle will be the entire outer rectangle!

Your troops are on 1,7 with trenches as that is no longer any FOW concerns, the allied force can see the trenches in PzC.

They can see basically that you have 2 units there and the PzC fog of war style X, XX and XXX numbers for the quantity of your Flak88's and JagdTigers. ;-)

They'll come up the road from 1,8. Your set-up zone will be along that hex edge and extending back but not too far that you can camp near the exit zone when/if you throw in the towel and "bag a$$".

I am trying to properly blend logic, military tactics, the PzC system, the CM system and fairness. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

The mini-battle was more what occurred right at that edge between the 2 hexes. As a side show for entertainment and no direct impact to PzC. We could change that in the future for mini-battles if we agree beforehand. It could be a fun way to accelerate certain things and to avoid large time consuming preps for what may be a small time required in reality. We are flexible right? :D

In PzC world, the demo was tripped and the bridge was blown. Yes, the Dommel is a crossable stream in PzC but of course this burns more MP. So, it does serve as a point to slow and block the enemy.

In CM world, I devised the mini-battle to extrapolate in finer detail the stuff we all "dig" seeing! Yeah, baby. Shagadelic. 

So, in my mind, the Irish Guards have now got the word to assault into the hex 1,7 by crossing the Dommel stream and the bridge is damaged and not usable. They are in a (EDIT) formation best shaped for column movement up a road and not for an open country assault. So in the manner that the allied side decides, they must form up for the assault. This will be portrayed by the allied set up zone being aligned and straddling the highway up from the south.

Everybody agree with me?

Edited by kohlenklau

Additionally, we would agree I assume that the German defences in the hex would have been arranged in a manner for a variety of allied routes in. Of course with a portion sited to deal with the allies coming up the main road via the bridge but also a portion thought to handle an assault over the south-west edge and the south-east edge. Axis gets X trenches but we would not allow them all to be in a line for just this assault and then next battle they magically shift to handle a different British avenue of attack. Can I say Boulevard of Attack? Sounds more magestic... :D