"CMPzC Campaign: The Road to Eindhoven".....are you interested?

We are patiently waiting for word from the Allied HQ that they are indeed ready for the scenario to begin...the allies get the first moves.

alliedmovementturn_zps11b3ac3d.jpg

...and the axis units are set for automatic defensive fire. So, the big guns will be right up front in their faces...

AxisDefensiveFirePhase_zpsf4c5710e.jpg

but AS the allies move and axis units come into LOS, the allies can call in indirect fire. And that is bound to deliver an intense pounding.

AlliedOffensiveFirePhase_zpsdc222798.jpg

If the allied team can carefully control the expenditure of their PzC movement points (MP) and if they feel the target is ripe and ready, they may declare an assault into an adjacent enemy occupied hex.

AlliedAssaultPhase_zps79762113.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

Hello everyone,

As the Axis commander in this campaign (what was kohlenklau thinking???), I want to thank kohlenklau for all the work and creativity he has put into this, and for helping me get re-acquainted with the Tiller Pz Campaign engine. I also want to say that our team has three very, very astute CM Forumites that I have enjoyed getting to know a little bit over the last few days: the inimitable, the one-and-only master tactician and AAR king, Bil Hardenberger;  that geekiest of Geeks, and more-hot-blooded-than-Inigo Montoya, BletchleyGeek, and,  the cool, suave, Bofors gun heir, Fizou. They are a great bunch, and will certainly give the Allies a run for their money.  I'd also like to say hello to the Allied team; we're looking forward to being steamrollered by your Allied might!

While rummaging around in my great-uncle's old steamer trunk, I found a treasure trove of items that coincidentally, and quite amazingly, are directly pertinent to this campaign!

Here is just a teaser of what I found:

ArmyDocument1450.jpg

ArmyDocument2450.jpg

ArmyDocument3450.jpg

ArmyDocument4450.jpg

I'll be posting more pages from that Archive report as the campaign progresses. It has a lot of meaty information, including bios of the leading officers of the campaign.  Next post has some loose pictures that were in the trunk.

Cheers!

Oberst Manfred Josef Kerner:

OberstKernerv2.png

Major Hardenberger as a Hauptmann

HptHardenberger.png

Hauptmann Dr. Otto Michel von Bletchler

HauptmannDrOttoMichelVonBletchler.png

Haven't found any pictures yet of Hauptmann Carl Gustav Fizou yet, but I'll keep digging.  Meanwhile, here's one of Uncle Manfred taken somewhere in France, I believe.

ObstKernerinFrance.jpg

(Bil did the first 3. An excellent job!  I did the last one, and am working on a lot more...er, I found a lot more that will be posted in the Axis thread as the campaign progresses.)

Edited by mjkerner

I will either find some Guards Armoured Division vehicle mods or make one...

The fine folks from the plastic modelling hobby world are always very gracious to quickly provide such exact specs!

I will mod me a "Black Sod"...!

5th-guards-armoured-brigade-set-1-2-200-

I also will do some flavor object mods, modtagged as [valkenswaard] such as the below...

milestone214valkenswaardholland_zps7907f

Edited by kohlenklau

Eureka, I found  a picture of Carl Gustav Fizou!  Obviously taken in happier times, before an unfortunate incident occurred, as I understand it, involving some "dancing" girls on board his boat while in berth at St. Nazaire.

CarlGustav.jpg

He swore he did not say "blow the tanks", but that his actual words were misunderstood. Doenitz was unimpressed.

CGFinwater.jpg

So it's command of Schiffsturmtruppen now.

The allied commander has made his first moves.

He should report in and tell me if he has any assaults planned that will become CM PBEMs.

Then we either pass the turn to the axis or we gear up a CM PBEM.

Then it would be nice if he and his team could prepare a screenshot to explain in THEIR ALLIED HQ AAR thread what they were thinking vs what happened.

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Here is something new that several of us have agreed we really want to get into. I think it will be fun and be a kind of warm-up for more extended action as things heat up.

CMPBEMminiBATTLES_zps43bb5796.jpg

What exactly are they with respect to CMPzC Operations?

Well, think of it like a movie and these can be a flash back to what just occurred right before the main action of our campaign.

<By the way, the 2 sides still have to post their respective briefing from their HQ's. It will frame what is happening a lot better.>

Mini-Battles are short 10-15 minute battles with just a small handful of troops on a small 208x208 map.

They can represent ambushes, patrols, skirmishes and other such military footnotes. I have a few written and have a few in progress.

Stay tuned!

Edited by kohlenklau

The allied commander just notified me that he will make a CM assault across the Dommel River into hex 1,7 from hex 1,6. Noteworthy and I hope the allies show this in their AAR <hint-HINT-HINT> as the allies approached, the Germans had apparently wired the bridge and blew it in the faces of the British. Note: I have asked the 2 teams to have a mini-battle that will show the details of this as we do the work-ups for the full scale assault CM PBEM....

AlliedAssaultPhase_zps79762113.jpg

The teams will soon need to post some PzC screenshots to show their initial set-ups and some short description on their strategy.

In a FOW neutral approach here is what just happened. The CM PBEM main assault will take place in hex (1,7) which is clear terrain but has trenches.

The British cross the Dommel River (a stream really) and assault into the axis positions. Note: I had an error in the 2nd post above and the British assault from hex (1,8) into (1,7) and NOT from (1,6) into (1,7). :D

I hope we pause and do the mini-battle which will be a short vignette of what happened as the British moved north from (1,9) into hex (1,8) and the bridge was blown.

Turn1sofar_zps758b6cc7.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau