"CMPzC Campaign: The Road to Eindhoven".....are you interested?

Okay, no problem here, just curious. I just wasn't certain whether the bridge featured in both battles or just one or the other.

The flexibility in the way this campaign is being run is what I like best about it. This is shaping to be great fun, and with the guys that are involved--even those pesky Allied dudes :P -I think this Op Campaign really has wings!

Edited by mjkerner

Additionally, we would agree I assume that the German defences in the hex would have been arranged in a manner for a variety of allied routes in. Of course with a portion sited to deal with the allies coming up the main road via the bridge but also a portion thought to handle an assault over the south-west edge and the south-east edge. Axis gets X trenches but we would not allow them all to be in a line for just this assault and then next battle they magically shift to handle a different British avenue of attack

I agree, makes sense.  For clarification in this and future battles, I assume the local battle commander still gets to set up the trenches, foxholes, etc., just like with his/her men and vehicles, as with most any H2H/pbem battle, correct?

Yes, I think the precedent set procedure is that there is a set-up zone and we dump in your toys in a pile.

You can arrange as you see fit but then from that point on, it is locked in and we TRY to continue with craters being maintained and burned out vehicles. The stuff that needs a human to carryover to any new battle.

Anybody out in the audience have any ideas for a mini-battle? PM me.

CMPBEMminiBATTLES_zps43bb5796.jpg

What exactly are these "mini-battles" with respect to CMPzC Operations?

Well, one way is to think of it like a movie and these can be a flash back to what just occurred right before the main action of our campaign or the preps into a turn's main events or the final phase after a turn's main events. A lot of variety limited only by imagination...

Mini-Battles are short 10-15 minute battles with just a small handful of troops on a small approx 208x208 map.

They can represent ambushes, patrols, skirmishes and other such military footnotes.

Edited by kohlenklau

Well, we have the mini-battles in here to spice things up and the new choreographed scenario (pre-staged saved game file) idea....

Now I want to also float another idea. I have to study how PzC does it exactly but in the images folder inside MG'44 it seems to have little famous leader images. Maybe we can roll this into play? The standard thing in many games where the presence of "Mr. Charisma" helps bolster the men in a bleak situation....if he gets waxed, then things go south quick. The impact here would be to the CM motivation. No change to experience but they get pumped that Colonel Winsleydale gave up the afternoon to come fire his sten gun.

Continuing my idea....the leader could be a 1 vehicle motorized unit with low attack capabilities. Really no way to do anything offensive but it can be moved around on the PzC map and if in the same hex with another unit it can reverse the downward curve on morale for that unit and bolster them....

seems legit

9Shot88_zpskxsbzriy.jpg

I uploaded the Sherman V "Black Sod" hull bmp file to GaJ along with 2 modded roadsigns that point towards Valkenswaard and EIndhoven.

Thank you to Aris as I just modded a few tiny things on his overall Sherman V mod. You still need his mod for the turret and wheels. It is there at GaJ.

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5481/details

Edited by kohlenklau

I uploaded the Luftwaffe kubelwagen "Marta"

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5483/details

OK, we should see tonight the AAR for the Lost Eagles minibattle start between mjkerner and NathanGun. AND mjkerner is taking double duty to fight a main battle in hex (1,7) as ChappyCanuck launches an assault. I am not sure where exactly all these AAR threads will be...just look through the most recent posts in the main CMBN forum. Hey! We got a lot going on here. Cut us some slack... :D

I ask if you are out there watching this, to please give a shout hello. A few kind souls do shout words of encouragement in the dark empty theater. :D Heinrich!  Bud! a few others...I am not sure if this is enjoyed by too many people. We could use the feedback. Thanks for tuning in. 

Okay I will :) This is great stuff guys. I look forward to each new post. And now that I realise my poster mod issue was a graphics qualiity setting issue I will be posting my new poster mod with Dutch Posters replacing all French one that did not have Dutch equivalents shortly. Perhaps it can be of use in this campaign.  Not that scenario authors used the poster flavor object that much I have to admit.

This is my drill: explode the brz's. Shop through the images to find a ground level shop exterior wall maybe. 

Then photoshop your posters to look like they were pasted up. save with a modtag [dutchposterwalls] for example.

Put them with overlap, multiple in a row like in the city, put them at jaunty angles, maybe some weathering or whatever you want. :D

Do you have photoshop?