"CMPzC Campaign: The Road to Eindhoven".....are you interested?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ChappyCanuck and mjkerner's battle will soon be officially over and I will do a quick processing of the results and roll them into the OOB headcounts.

We are in turn 1 and moving to start the bottom of the inning so to speak. So it is....

axismovementturn_zpsda73cc01.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

Axis completed their moves. Allied automatic defensive fire popped off as the axis units moved killing 2 axis troops. Axis had no assaults to declare and the Luftwaffe didn't make an appearance and no axis artillerie was fired. Turn 1 is completed.

It is now the top of the 2nd inning.

Turn 2 of 6

alliedmovementturn_zps11b3ac3d.jpg

Axis completed their moves. Allied automatic defensive fire popped off as the axis units moved killing 2 axis troops. Axis had no assaults to declare and the Luftwaffe didn't make an appearance and no axis artillerie was fired. Turn 1 is completed.

It is now the top of the 2nd inning.

Turn 2 of 6

Luftwaffe?  What is that?   lmao

OK, Allied team made their moves. Edit: Axis automatic defensive fire occurred and the allies lost 13 men.

I will post a screenshot that is FOW neutral. Kind of difficult to walk down the top of the fence here and not spill info to either side.

Turn%202%20FOW%20neutral_zpsa9bovpqf.jpg

And allied team declared an assault into the 5 point town hex coming out of hex (1,7) where we just had the battle. Basically moving up the Road to..(yes, you guessed it!)...to Eindhoven.

AlliedAssaultPhase_zps79762113.jpg

So, I will finalize the map and get the units all prepared.

Edited by kohlenklau

Good news: The previous battle in Hex (1,7) between mjkerner and ChappyCanuck...I will make that into a scenario for upload to GaJ. I will write it as Allies vs Axis AI.

It will be called "MG Darkest Before the Dawn" and Chappy agreed to write the briefing using the story style he used during the H2H PBEM.

I will try to use all the axis AI plans to move around the defenders and give variety to the defense by "Strafkompanie Burke" and "FlakZug Heinrich 505"

• 4 weeks later...

I will try this weekend to post some FOW-neutral info and screenshots on how the above assault is progressing. 

Kuderian is attacking with Irish Guards Shermans and infantry into a hex defended by Fizou.

What can be said is that a few tanks have been KO'd and a few Pak40 crews have also gone to valhalla!

• 1 month later...

I will post some FOW-neutral screens here tonight. Battle of turn2A is completed and the Irish guards company suffered significant losses but they only lost 2 of 10 Shermans. 4 axis ATG's were KO'd.

The axis will counter-attack now, it is turn 2B. Do they have any armor? if so, what do they have coming? None has been seen in the hex but you never know how fog of war will reveal itself...

art_zpskaeapcpn.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

Turn 2 ends with the Irish Guards 1st Coy pulling back from their Turn 2A probe/assault into the hex 2,6 suburbs of Valkenswaard.

Using a smoke screen for concealment, the force withdrew with numerous wounded piled on the backs of the Shermans.

Valk1_zpsg2jnp7gd.jpg

It is now turn 3 and you know what that means!

Edited by kohlenklau

Turn 3A commences with the allies making their moves <I will find out if any axis defensive fire was made and if it had any effect...>.

....and declaring an assault from hex 1,7 into 1,6. A village named Dommelen......

You guessed it...

AlliedAssaultPhase_zps79762113.jpg

Turn3A%20Assault%20Planned_zpssvjdwgu3.j

Edited by kohlenklau

Oh wait, is this the thread for Allies only?

Hey, wait a minute, this one is for both sides.  You Canuks, always with the wrong info, lol!

Edit: **** I think you're right, Chappy.  Been away for a while and forget. Us damn 'Murricns, always gettin it wrong!

Edited by mjkerner