"CMPzC Campaign: The Road to Eindhoven".....are you interested?

TheRoadToEindhoven_zps48b4ea2e.png

OK, here is what I am thinking...

I have the John Tiller Panzer Campaigns (PzC) Market Garden '44 (MG'44) and I wrote this PzC scenario "The Road to Eindhoven"...

Outline: 0600-1800, 18 September 1944. PzC turns are 2 hours. So 6 turns total. Not too long and not too short. Any assaults/attacks/probes would be acted out using CMBN-MG (bound to be several!).

Objective: We want to see some cool PBEM AAR action, screenshots and commentary...in this here BFC forum.

Needed: dedicated personnel who can see it through to completion, who can host photos or video, who can run an AAR thread with some minor photoshop-type work to make it nice.

Goal: have fun and be good sports. There is a working set of rules. 

If you are interested, please PM me if you have hosted your own photos, have experience to do imagery to show your battle intentions and if you are a dedicated PBEM (CM Helper & dropbox experienced) opponent who has steadily swapped turns until the battle was done.

Thank you.  :D

I have an "A TEAM" of 2 guys for axis and 2 for allies. They will get organized and things will start fairly soon.

If another group of lesser experienced folks but hopefully still motivated and dedicated would ALSO like to separately play this against each other, 2 on 2 perhaps...please PM me.

It will be fine if you want to be less showy with the threads and AAR's. Just try and have fun and enjoy it and learn something? I will tweak the scenario to be significantly different than the first one.

As of now

Axis Team Roster: Axis CO is mjkerner and he even brought a cool backstory he will describe in his axis thread.

Mark has 2 CMPzC experienced foot soldiers to assist with PBEMs  Fizou and BletchleyGeek

...of course Mark also wants to "throw down" and play a PBEM!

Allied Team Roster: Allied CO is nathangun. An actual Irishman will command the Irish Guards. The lengths I go to for giving you forumites entertainment! He has as foot soldiers for PBEMs: IanL, ChappyCanuck & kuderian. 

Edited by kohlenklau

I am the campaign manager and get the fun job of being omniscient! So, I have fed each CO his side's latest briefing and air recon photos for allies.

Latest Team Rosters:

Axis Team:

Axis CO: mjkerner. Axis Team PBEM Foot soldiers: Fizou, BletchleyGeek and Bil Hardenberger.

Axis Team mascot:

Fallschirmjagerin_by_Riguel3d_zpsd600d96

Allied Team:

Allied CO: nathangun. Allied Team PBEM Foot SoldiersIanL, ChappyCanuck and kuderian. 

Edited by kohlenklau

If anyone has any questions on how this all works, please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer yet, we have others involved that would know.

Here is an AAR I did over a year ago for a previous CMPzC Operation using CMFI GL and PzC Bulge 44'. "Parker's Crossroads" was 8 turns long.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/109853-cmpzc-bulge-44-crossroads-operation-axis-hq/?hl=cmpzc

Edited by kohlenklau

I copied this from my old thread. I think it is still valid. We'll use it as a starting point. I personally like graphical descriptions versus wordy documents.

Each unit in CMPzC when in the PzC mode has 5 attributes we need to know to create the mirrored CM counter-part.
A. Headcount by % of full establishment
B. Morale
C. Fatigue
D. Disruption if any.
E. Supply status

TransformationExampleMini_zps75c69039.pn

To clarify on rounding, as an example: 81,82,83 and 84 round DOWN to 80%. 85,86,87,88 and 89 round UP to 90%. Same with your 50's, 60', 70', and 90's. 

Note also that for this operation, we initially will set Experience and Leadership to "Typical".
"...Experience and Leadership are set to Typical to inject a touch of randomness into the game. However, once the PBEM game is started, the squads / sections / crews settings for Experience and Leadership need to be noted down, as they will remain at those levels for the duration of the operation."  (noob's rules)

Edited by kohlenklau

Here is a link to download the demo of PzC Mius '43. This is a free playable demo with pdf tutorial but in the final folder where you install it, it has the scenario editor, oob editor and sub map creator.*

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

* I am not 100% sure but I think you cannot create fresh maps with your choices of roads but can crop and take desired parts of the bigger maps already created and provided. Maybe someone can confirm. I hope I am wrong.

It is a quick learn to make a simple PzC scenario that interlaces with something you want to fight out with CM. Remember K-I-S-S and 10-10-10x10.