immobilized by a field

silent one

Using "slow" move orders reduces the bogging chance I think. Also, if you drive over a fence or hedge at speed you risk damaging the wheels or tracks. I have seen the damage indicator change from green to yellow when doing this.

Speed doesn't affect bogging chance or track damage.

Speed doesn't affect bogging chance or track damage.

Do you know that for sure? Any sources? I always thought (i am pretty sure, actually) that going fast over wet ground increases the chance of bogging in CM. Maybe ll have to look at the manual again.

well, the one thing that does seem correct is that the plowed field does seem to be a high risk area for bogging. So it is one to learn to avoid at the present time unless you are willing to have it happen.

I had a T90 Bog in a field and thought, oh man this is terrible. But somehow he was just located perfect for when the enemy showed up he was in a perfect overwatch position for the rest of the force and actually became the leading units in kills all from his immobilized spot.

Sometimes it just pays to be Lucky