Need PBEM Opponents

Sublime

Is that a provocation ;)?

PBEM as well as save games in SP are NOT working after 1.02.

By now there has been no official statement from BF regarding this major problem. It makes the game pretty much unplayable. Or not?

I can't believe there is so quiet about this on the forums apart a single thread in the tech section..

????? Do explain. I planned on sending Sublime a game. Provide links if possible

(Not being sarcastic or rude; this is the first I've heard of it. I'm recently about to be taking on a lot more free time with regard to gaming, and I was hoping to get a couple CMRT games going as that is the only recent version that I currently own. If multiplayer doesn't work I'd be pretty bummed out.)

????? Do explain. I planned on sending Sublime a game. Provide links if possible

(Not being sarcastic or rude; this is the first I've heard of it. I'm recently about to be taking on a lot more free time with regard to gaming, and I was hoping to get a couple CMRT games going as that is the only recent version that I currently own. If multiplayer doesn't work I'd be pretty bummed out.)

As Martyr said. See tech forum for details. The games work fine for some turns but eventually fail..

Here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=117829

PBEM as well as save games in SP are NOT working after 1.02.

Save games in SP absolutely do work for nearly everyone. There have been a couple of reports - specific to particular game modes - that I'm looking at, but the vast majority of saves are working properly.

PBEM has some broader issues reported, but even those aren't reproducible across the board.

By now there has been no official statement from BF regarding this major problem.

I've posted in that thread numerous times, asking for steps to reproduce, thanking people for their help and saying that we're working on it. The response has been great and many posters have provided me data to work with.

So... posts about the bug. From the programmer that's working on it. In my official capacity as programmer. It's actually been mentioned by posters in that thread who are NOT me, that I am the programmer working on the bug, just to make it even clearer.

To all interested parties: yes, we are working on it. You may *not* have trouble if you attempt it. If you do, please let me know via PM or email (I posted my email address in that thread), or post in the tech support forum. Or both. Thanks.

look ive had some problems in pbem, but most are resolvable by naming the file a weird number and renaming afterwards. or redoing. saves are fine in single player. send the file fry.

Also im shocked im not getting more responses. wtf?!? I had a few games going and Im pissed the ppl just stopped playing. one rlly pissed me off. Ive wanted to explore the Ost Front TO&E. especially Soviet. so i get a QB defending as Soviets. I pick a recon company, couple t34s, one DShK, some recon teams, etc. some mortars. Was really pumped man.. placed. one turn. dude vanishes. Can someone please PBEM me and let me play soviets. someone else PBEM me and leme play germans? I wanna explore straggler units, I want some QB action!

So I should just keep 1.01 on my computer as well, just incase? To be honest, I don't feel like waiting to find out if my game is going to crap out on me. The only difference I saw in the patch notes was that QB was tweaked some way or another, and I thought that only affected games vs. the AI. I would like a little more info on just what was changed.

It only takes half a minute to copy your existing game set up into a new folder, so why not do it just in case? Both of my game versions use the same incoming and outgoing email folders, etc, so no need to make a duplicate of those. I just remember which version to use when opening files from games I started in 1.01. The 1.02 patch notes on the website here list several changes, no? http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=337&Itemid=581

look ive had some problems in pbem, but most are resolvable by naming the file a weird number and renaming afterwards. or redoing. saves are fine in single player. send the file fry.

Wait, are you saying that if you have a turn that crashes you can fix it by renaming it? Can you be more specific?

Also im shocked im not getting more responses. wtf?!? I had a few games going and Im pissed the ppl just stopped playing. one rlly pissed me off. Ive wanted to explore the Ost Front TO&E.

My I suggest theBlitz as a source of opponents. I admit it is not perfect, I have run into a couple of poor sports but also now have a list of players I play regularly most of whom I have met there.

Ok chaos and everyone i had a game.with that stoppd wrkin,.lets syart new.qbd

S.sams.settings.unless.you.wanna.changd.em.

Ian,leslie,.when.i.got.the.red.box.trying.to.save my.pbem.sayn.it.had ane.error.and.womt.save.i.change the.number.

E.g, angriff.016 to.angriff.072. It usually.saves.then.and.i manually.resave in.wimdows

Yikes that is hard to read - where are all those . coming from :D

Ian,leslie,.when.i.got.the.red.box.trying.to.save my.pbem.sayn.it.had ane.error.and.womt.save.i.change the.number.

E.g, angriff.016 to.angriff.072. It usually.saves.then.and.i manually.resave in.wimdows

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I am familiar with that scary little red box. I think I have seen it three times and it always has worked the second time. So far I have just left the name the same and it has worked fine. How often are you seeing it?

hey- sorry it was hard to read, i have big fingers and when i post via cell phone most of my words have periods between them. and i was stoned. But renaming files helps. Simply retrying helps too. though honestly this is depressing. Ive been away on a state funded vacation *ahem* and may have go on another unwanted state funded vacation *cough cough* and really want to explore the nuances of RT and the units. Cmon fellas, lets get some nice realistic company or two sized qbs in. Big maps to maneuver, with a few tanks, some arty, realistic force picks..

Ok, started over Studienka with turn 1 sent to you. Hopefully it will work.

Incidentally, putting a Readme.txt file in the dropbox folder doesn't do much. I just found it. It doesn't show in CMH and there is really no reason for me to be checking the dropbox folder manually. Much easier to use the chat function in CMH or send a pm.