Software Update Sequence

dw

So I hesitated in getting the vehicle update do to concerns about the license activation, and now there is a version 3.11 that also requires updating. So would like to ask if this is the correct sequence I am supposed to do - after purchasing the vehicle pack.

1) Install vehicle pack

2) Put in serial for 3.0

3) Put in serial for Commonwealth

4) Put in serial for Market Garden

5) Put in serial for vehicle pack

6) Install 3.11

7) Put in serial for 3.0

8) Put in serial for Commonwealth

9) Put in serial for Market Garden

10) Put in serial for vehicle pack

Is this correct?

Also I have a Mac and the instructions say the activation link for the modules is in the documents folder. That is the the folder inside the applications folder for CMBN?

The patch feature list looks great!

Thanks

Yeah, after you install the vehicle pack (and do the activations), install 3.11 and you shouldn't have to reactivate anything. I just installed 3.11 about an hour ago on my PC (already had the VP installed from a couple weeks ago) and everything went fine.

Mord.

So I hesitated in getting the vehicle update do to concerns about the license activation, and now there is a version 3.11 that also requires updating. So would like to ask if this is the correct sequence I am supposed to do - after purchasing the vehicle pack.

1) Install vehicle pack

2) Put in serial for 3.0

3) Put in serial for Commonwealth

4) Put in serial for Market Garden

5) Put in serial for vehicle pack

6) Install 3.11

7) Put in serial for 3.0

8) Put in serial for Commonwealth

9) Put in serial for Market Garden

10) Put in serial for vehicle pack

Is this correct?

Also I have a Mac and the instructions say the activation link for the modules is in the documents folder. That is the the folder inside the applications folder for CMBN?

The patch feature list looks great!

Thanks

The earlier replies have got you covered, but just to confirm from the Mac angle:

- the (re)activation of the modules is a once-only event, so you do that either for v3.1 & the VP or for v3.11, but not both: so with the VP, no steps 7 - 10;

- yes on the location of the documents folder, that's where you'll find - and will need to use - the activation link to be able to do steps 3-5, after you do step 2 in the initial instal window that opens.

Well I don't have the vehicle pack and upgrading to 3.11 broke the game. My re-activation request resulted in an invalid serial number. *sigh*

Provide a bit more information please.

Do you have engine upgrade 2.0 and 3.0? You need both before you can patch the game up to 3.11.

Hope that you left all the files of 3.11 patch thicked when you downloaded them (should be more then 1 gig of data size). Download it. Extract it. Start the setup. Your game gets updated. Start the game - you are asked to activate it. Enter 3.0 serial key. Go to activate game shortcut on your desktop. Start it and enter serial keys of any module you have (that is if you do). If not you can skip this step.

Let us know if you were sucessful.

Just purchased the vehicle pack - and went through the licensing process without a hitch. Also did the upgrade to 3.11 - and it did not ask for the a serial. So up to speed on CMBN.

Also did the upgrade to 1.02 for Red Thunder - and had no problems with the licensing for it either.

Still wish Battlefront would make this easier - but had no problems.

Well I don't have the vehicle pack and upgrading to 3.11 broke the game. My re-activation request resulted in an invalid serial number. *sigh*

Open a ticket if you haven't already, you'll likely be up and running a lot faster than just asking here.

Just purchased the vehicle pack - and went through the licensing process without a hitch. Also did the upgrade to 3.11 - and it did not ask for the a serial. So up to speed on CMBN.

Also did the upgrade to 1.02 for Red Thunder - and had no problems with the licensing for it either.

Still wish Battlefront would make this easier - but had no problems.

I think they actually are working on that. While updating may be a pain for some of us individually, it is much more frustrating for their end supporting the collective mess. It is really in their interest to come up with a simpler more streamlined process and BF is far some stupid when it comes to figuring out how to keep their resources focused. Patience and trust - they will sort it out.