Soldiers "sticking" to terrain

This has happened to me in two separate battles in the past two weeks. One soldier in a crew or section will become "stuck" to a tree or hedge, etc, preventing the entire crew/section to move away or function. The stuck soldier moves back and forth on the terrain...quite funny to watch, but it renders the entire crew useless for the duration of the battle.

Is there something I can do "in battle" to solve this when it occurs? Or are these slackers just a write off?

Thanks

I have it happen a lot. Particularly with British 3-man mortar teams. It happens in hedge gaps, orchards, railway lines and, even once in an open field. If you don't pay attention then the guy who is stuck will just keep going around in a circle turn after turn. Sometimes there is a clue, his status will switch back and forth between "Moving" and "Turning". But of course, if you are keeping an eye on the whole battlefield then it can be too late before you pick it up. Then you have to give the unit a Halt command and wait for him and his mates to merge over two or three turns.

I've found the only solution is to micro-manage my mortar team's movement. Use "Move" rather than "Quick" when they go through hedgerows, orchards etc. Give them slightly shorter "Quick" commands when they are moving in the open. And ALWAYS check that they are all still together at the end of EACH turn. It is a bit of a pain and makes the command phase a little bit more time consuming, but I haven't found any other way around it.

What I have had happen a few times is one guy of a team or a crew will take it in his head to go running off in a different, usually opposite, direction from the rest of the team. He'll go off one or two hundred meters, then turn around and rejoin the rest of the team. He will of course be exhausted by this time which will make the entire team tired. So after being reunited, they will have to sit quietly for several minutes before they are again good for anything. Bloody annoying that is.

Michael

This was reported some time ago, so am sure BF is aware. IIRC I dislodged a trooper from this by giving a waypoint back beside him. Once the team is reassembled at the "stuck location", then give a new waypoint that would make em go in a different direction than before (ie away from the stuck direction).

I had something similar happen once with an American 60mm mortar team. In this case, the team was stationary but receiving a fire mission. As they shifted positions within their action spot to orient/aim the mortar, one crewmember abruptly wandered away!

I noticed the same turn, but initially made no action. The wayward team member made it a couple action spots away and became wedged against some high bocage. The mortar was then stuck in the 'Receiving' cycle and never did fire a round.

I packed up the mortar, moved it, and redeployed it in a new spot which reunited the full team.

This was reported some time ago, so am sure BF is aware. IIRC I dislodged a trooper from this by giving a waypoint back beside him. Once the team is reassembled at the "stuck location", then give a new waypoint that would make em go in a different direction than before (ie away from the stuck direction).

I've seen the same behavior on a few occasions, and this solution has worked for me every time.