Euroscape mod & European theatre

First things first: I want to salute everyone playing this awesome simulator that CMSF is, and everyone in the forum.

I have been attracted to cold war wargaming since i had M1TP2, and I have been seeking for long for a "realistic" WW3 simulator. Although the Middle eastern theatre is interesting, CMSF is really appealing to me with the discovery of this great Euroscape mod. (Lots of kudos to the devs of this mod, u guys make CM comunity great)

As there is little hope that a CMSF European Front pack comes in, as devs are with Black Sea, I would like to ask if at least a "pack" of cold war vehicles and infantry could be done, even if its only USSR, US and West Germany.

So we can recreate Fulda Gap with '80s vehicles with '80s stats and data. Most models are already developed in CM Afghanistan or NATO

What do you think guys? I am the only one here that would wish that to come?

Cant be done unfortunately, at least not by the modding community. Vehicles stats and models are hardcoded, only textures can be modified. If you are 80s WW3 wargames though check out Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm, it is pretty cool.

I would like to ask if at least a "pack" of cold war vehicles and infantry could be done, even if its only USSR, US and West Germany.

So we can recreate Fulda Gap with '80s vehicles with '80s stats and data. Most models are already developed in CM Afghanistan or NATO

What do you think guys? I am the only one here that would wish that to come?

Combat Mission Fulda Gap!! Finally somebody that understands! :) As you might guess from my sig line, I would buy it.

Dude why wait for something that might never come, here's reality, get steel breasts pro pe and game fulda gap to your hearts delight. Cm is the best WWII sim, but steel beasts is the best modern warfare sim. If you haven't tried it I strongly recommend you do so.

Dude why wait for something that might never come, here's reality, get steel breasts pro pe and game fulda gap to your hearts delight. Cm is the best WWII sim, but steel beasts is the best modern warfare sim. If you haven't tried it I strongly recommend you do so.

well just wanna say i agree. for me personally, no campaign is the breaking point. but i imagine for most ppl SB Pro should be the one.

The only thing I would add is that SB being a more of a sim than CM2, it is not necessarily more fun. I found it quite hard work, and it didn't last long on my HD.

I am different, i like the pain that detailed combat sims often bring with them. What has turned me off from buying SB ever since i heard of it is the price: 160$ for the game + the manual + the upgrade (whatever this might be)?

I am different, i like the pain that detailed combat sims often bring with them. What has turned me off from buying SB ever since i heard of it is the price: 160$ for the game + the manual + the upgrade (whatever this might be)?

price of SB seems to be debated a lot, indeed much higher than average but i'd imagine if some of the quality sims in the early 2000s didn't die off and continued, they'd go at the same rate. and ofc hardcore fans will explain what there is to get with that amount of money. (and for sims like that game price is just the start, probably also need a good rig, joystick by the sound of it and good internet for multiplayershredder_zps6c654ee9.gif nothing gaming on a laptop in a hotel room kinda stuff)

i can get the steep learning curve down pat as well, just hope they add in campaign at some point. however since they deal primarily military contracts my hopes ain't high...

Skwabie <-- always looking for the ultimate sim

That reminds me that i should reinstall Graviteams tank simulator Steel Armor:Blaze of War again. Last time i played it was an aweful experience because my old PC couldnt handle it. I guess it s going to be more fun to play with more than 10 frames per second.

Well, I played steel beasts (the old version not the PE). While it was, and still is, a superb tank simulator it do not play in the same league as combat mission do. While they share the cold war gone hot theme, I believe they are not comparable.

I think Battlefront CM is a platform adaptable enough to cover any time period from WWI to near future (Black Sea). I maybe just find the 1950-1990 gap missing. As I said, Euroscape devs tried to but hit the wall with new models (can mod a M1A2 to look like a 105mm M1, but it will still send out M829Ax ammo)

Thats one of those ocasions where DEV team and MOD teams could work toghether to create a WIN-WIN-WIN (for players). Of course the resulting "pack" will be paid, but for a little DEV work (mostly compiling models already done and adjusting data to match 80s reality) CM can have a completely different theme.

Let's do a thing, for anyone who would want a Cold war CM, post the vehicles and infantry teams you would want in the pack, so we all make like a wishlist.

Steel Armor:BOW looks good. But, according to website only two tanks to drive??

But, I really like their "strategic" aspect of the game, where you choose where to attack.

I was thinking about getting it, but the reviews I read say the interface is terrible.

If you're looking for a cold war gone hot warsim, then try Armored Brigade.

It's free, light, has plenty of different countries and every battle is different.

"The game has drawn inspiration from classics such as Steel Panthers, Close Combat and Combat Mission."

Wargame Air Land Battle is set in the Cold War era. The Campaign game has some issues IMO-no pause and you'll have to deal with lifebars.

Red Dragon you can slow things down and the Campaign is dynamic.

There are some things to like about the game. Its not hard core by any means.

I'd still strongly advise trying the PE version of Steel Beasts if you want cold war gone hot scenarios (late cold war anyway), i never played the original, but there are scenarios for PE that allow commanding a company and larger units, granted that it does not have much of a strategy game interface compared to CM. eSim now allows for more flexible subscription, for instance you can get a one month subscription for 9.50 USD just to see if it is your cup of tea or not, don't have to get the rather expensive stick outright.

Combined Arms is not a sim, it just makes ground units controllable you play it through the F10 map interface mainly and it feels kinda gimmicky at the moment. Units still have health bars and you get pretty wild stuff happening such as T-55 killing M1A1 with HE rounds as they are currently bugged etc. They recently added laser rangefinders for tanks, hopefully they will get around to improving it even further in the future.

LOMAC is more of an air combat sim, so if you like flight sims and air combat, it is fun to play. It is quite stressfull though and it has a steep learning curve. You not only have to fly your own aircraft but you simultaniously have to handle the complex radar and weapon controls, be aware of the situation in the air and on the ground around you and make life-or-death tactical decisions. All of that often while beeing immensely pressed for time.

Flaming Cliffs 3 (which is the latest version of Lock On content really) is the easiest of DCS products to get into, every other aircraft module has advanced systems modelling which means clickable cockpits, realistic startup/stop sequences, engine management, weapons employment etc, whereas in Flaming Cliffs only the major systems are modelled in a more simplified way. For example in the P-51 it is even possible to fry the starter if you get the startup sequence wrong... Personally i really like that and am looking forward to the imminent release of Fw-190 D-9, F-86 and Mig-21Bis. Though above all i'd like to see contemporary aircraft such as F/A-18, Mirage etc.

Since flight sims are being mentioned.

If you guys haven't heard of Wings: Over Flanders Fields (WOFF)... Just ask Aris or Wodin about this WWI single player sim, it is fantastic.

WINGS: OVER FLANDERS FIELDS

Immersive, Epic and Unique WW1 flight simulation.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/index.html

A combat air patrol preview:

It’s a massive mod (not free) for Microsoft’s Combat Flight Simulator 3 that turns it into an AMAZINGLY IMMERSIVE World War I flight simulator. It is amazing what those Devs managed to accomplish with the CFS3 game engine.