Euroscape mod & European theatre

Combined Arms is not a sim, it just makes ground units controllable you play it through the F10 map interface mainly and it feels kinda gimmicky at the moment. Units still have health bars and you get pretty wild stuff happening such as T-55 killing M1A1 with HE rounds as they are currently bugged etc. They recently added laser rangefinders for tanks, hopefully they will get around to improving it even further in the future.

Too bad these issues exist. Eagle or whoever now owns the products has a reputation of putting out very high fidelity sims.

In spite of all that I went ahead and purchased it as they reduced the price to $19.95. I also went ahead and bought Flaming Cliffs as that was reduced to $39. I already have A-10C.

15-20 years ago I would have spent the time and energy to learning a hard core flight sim. I played Falcon3 to death as well as just about any flight sim that came out.

I have Falcon 4 Allied Mission loaded and have LOMAC as well as A-10C, but these days I would rather not have to take a masters degree course to learn how to fly a combat jet so hopefully Flaming Cliffs will be simple enough for me to get into it.

I also have IL2 loaded and still have tons of skins for it. Wasn't there a community designed upgrade that improved IL2? I tried it a few years ago, but had issues-mainly with the Japanese Zeros who skins would not draw correctly.

Anyway its back to the tutorials...hopefully I can be up and blowing up stuff soon.

I've never played Wings over Flanders fields, however there is another great WWI flight sim called Rise of Flight which is really awesome. The new Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad is using the same engine as well.

The peeps in the WOFF community say RoF is great for the multiplayer online combat it provides. WOFF trumps it though for single player campaign immersion. I only have WOFF, so I have no input on RoF other than what others have mentioned. Really, you probably couldn't go wrong having both on the HD.

You can get RoF for free by the way, it has 2 flyables (SPAD 13 and D.Va) both in singleplayer and multiplayer, rest of the planes must be bought. I quite like the damage model in it. However there are some inconsistencies with the German flight models, i'm no expert, but apparently some German aircraft are underperforming and since active development has more or less ceased in favour of Il-2 BoS it is unlikely to change.