[RELEASED} Kieme's Corn Mod

Hi all,

a multy-option mod dedicated to changing the look of one of the crops in game.

Changes the texture of crop doodad number 3 (potato plants?) into joung corn plants with a few weeds.

WHAT TO USE:

There are 4 variations of this mod, you must pick the ONE you prefer and install it:

Short and Sparse

Short and Thick

Tall and Sparse

Tall and Thick

The Sparse version has 6 plants, the Thick version has 12 plants, the Tall version is as high as the game lets, the Short version is half the height.

Pick the one you prefer!

Remember, you can use only ONE type, so move into your mods folder only the one you prefer and kill the rest with herbicide!

Download: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5277/details

Vanilla crop (with modded terrain):

ujcni.jpg

Modded crop (Corn, Tall and Thick variation):

4t0n.jpg

Modded crop (Corn, Short and Sparse variation):

rlycw.jpg

This mod was done cutting a single plant from a photo found on internet, the fields around my house have corn in them this year but it's still very tiny, maybe I'll use some photos of that when it's a bit higher.

Note: real mature corn should be twice as tall but I can't modify that, this corn looks more or like as it's June/July, but depends on seeding times.

roof made of asbestos (Eternit) started being used only in the 70s of the twentieth century (mass exchanged then the roofs of straw on asbestos)

(first building on the right)

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5247?view_type=preview

the same applies to growing corn - also 70 years

Besides great job;)

and one more thing, in today's pictures all the houses made ​​of wood look black (passage of time), but during the war many houses were fairly new and had a more clear close to the wood colors - many whitewashed with lime

http://uwaszkiewicz.flog.pl/wpis/4342905/skansen-w-sanoku

KHRUSHCHEV-FOR-TUMBLR1.jpg

"[...] Nikita Khrushchev [1894-1971, my note], Secretary of the Communist Party between 1953 and 1964 [...] soviet leader with peasant roots, having spent his childhood and early Youth in Ukraine [...] promoted corn cultivation [...] he was corn's most devoted enthusiast, pheraps familiar with that plant from his childhood in Ukraine" - "Corn & Capitalism", Arturo Warman, University of North Carolina Press, 2003, pp. 198 - 199.

Just to make sure I don't make up things.

It's a mod, if you don't like it don't use it.

As regarding the roof, I don't know what kind of material that picture I used for the mod was, I picked it because it looked fairly similar to the original in game roof tile.

As regarding the wood houses in modular buildings mod they are made using photos of real wood structures, I have a good experience with wooden structures and know that the original wood color -if not treated at the origin- changes in a matter of very few years if not treated with chemicals each year, from brown to grey (very light grey on sun exposed parts, dark brown or even moss covered on oppsite sides), the three buildings in the mod are brown and grey. The barns are mostly greish because I suppose they get old faster than houses. I picked colors and combinations in accordance to the original game buildings, but using a more desaturated look because of my personal taste. Again, it's a mod, you don't like it don't use it.

KHRUSHCHEV-FOR-TUMBLR1.jpg

"[...] Nikita Khrushchev [1894-1971, my note], Secretary of the Communist Party between 1953 and 1964 [...] soviet leader with peasant roots, having spent his childhood and early Youth in Ukraine [...] promoted corn cultivation [...] he was corn's most devoted enthusiast, pheraps familiar with that plant from his childhood in Ukraine" - "Corn & Capitalism", Arturo Warman, University of North Carolina Press, 2003, pp. 198 - 199.

Just to make sure I don't make up things.

It's a mod, if you don't like it don't use it.

As regarding the roof, I don't know what kind of material that picture I used for the mod was, I picked it because it looked fairly similar to the original in game roof tile.

As regarding the wood houses in modular buildings mod they are made using photos of real wood structures, I have a good experience with wooden structures and know that the original wood color -if not treated at the origin- changes in a matter of very few years if not treated with chemicals each year, from brown to grey (very light grey on sun exposed parts, dark brown or even moss covered on oppsite sides), the three buildings in the mod are brown and grey. The barns are mostly greish because I suppose they get old faster than houses. I picked colors and combinations in accordance to the original game buildings, but using a more desaturated look because of my personal taste. Again, it's a mod, you don't like it don't use it.

only that the action "RT" on the premises of the former republic of Polish (and part of Lithuania and Estonia) - and here the corn was grown incidentally while Khrushchev grew up in the east of Ukraine in the area of ​​Donbas (there are much better conditions for growing corn than in central Europe) - more than 500km from the border of Polish republic in 1939 - trust me, I grew up in the Polish countryside, and the profession I am a historian - in areas "CMRT" in 1939 not cultivated corn and there was no asbestos roofs;)

This is a mod, it's not an official part of the game, therefore its intention is to expand the potential use of the game, nothing else. You can make a berlin mod easily out of what we have in CMRT, we don't have a reichstag model for the building, or a model to represent Mrs. Grete brick house 10km from the center of berlin, yet we can have both in this videogame as a realistic approximation.

When we make mods we do it for our own sake, and release them, I don't pretend to make reality or history, as nothing similar was written by me in any post related to this matter, it is a modification of a videogame.

Buildings and such are made out of the original concepts, they don't pretend to be representation of a specific building in a specific time frame in a specific location, not a case we have "modular buildings" in game, which are imaginary representation, they don't pretend to be nothing more, as making a complete game with a precise building from a precise period of time, in a very precise spot, is impossible even for the best historian.

As regarding the corn issue, your words stating that corn was not cultivated before 1970s in east europe were plain wrong as a casual reference proofs.

Now about the location issue, since we moved from a timeframe to a place issue, you can argue all the way you want if there were or not corn fields in poland and Belarus in 1944 summer, I, for one, was not there, but since corn was cultivated in ukraine in the decades before 1944, I see no reason it should not have been in poland and Belarus, an assumption, but not taken out of thin air, yet I can't be sure of it and never I pretended to say this mod was to correct something wrong or was the best representation of reality in 1944, since I belive only a veteran with good memory who fought there in summer 1944 could be trusted as a reference and yet only for the places he visited...

We grow corn right here in ne italy, it's not the best place in the world for it and we don't get the same yield as Kansas, which is in another continent... yet it grows.

The roof tile I repeat I don't even know what material it is, since it's just a texture found on internet, if you can tell what material it is by the look of a resized 1024x512 pixels texture at 100 dpi with weathering effects Painted on... well, good for you.

I just don't like being fooled around, you don't like the mod don't use it, same goes with roofs, wooden buildings etc., you don't like the wooden surface? Dont use the mod, I didn't use the image of a 1944 peasant shack side wall in poland to make it, just in case someone else doubded it.. Just make sure you avoid starting a case out of nothing.

By the way the weeds, this will scare people, two of them were taken from my garden here in Italy... I am terribly surprised that historians didn't notice that. The corn plant in this mod is most probably not of the same kind, size, color, of the corn that was grown in 1944, pity that CMRT is not a farming simulator, we could just wait a few turns to see it grow... Now let's talk about the shape of grass....

This is a mod, it's not an official part of the game, therefore its intention is to expand the potential use of the game, nothing else. You can make a berlin mod easily out of what we have in CMRT, we don't have a reichstag model for the building, or a model to represent Mrs. Grete brick house 10km from the center of berlin, yet we can have both in this videogame as a realistic approximation.

When we make mods we do it for our own sake, and release them, I don't pretend to make reality or history, as nothing similar was written by me in any post related to this matter, it is a modification of a videogame.

Buildings and such are made out of the original concepts, they don't pretend to be representation of a specific building in a specific time frame in a specific location, not a case we have "modular buildings" in game, which are imaginary representation, they don't pretend to be nothing more, as making a complete game with a precise building from a precise period of time, in a very precise spot, is impossible even for the best historian.

As regarding the corn issue, your words stating that corn was not cultivated before 1970s in east europe were plain wrong as a casual reference proofs.

Now about the location issue, since we moved from a timeframe to a place issue, you can argue all the way you want if there were or not corn fields in poland and Belarus in 1944 summer, I, for one, was not there, but since corn was cultivated in ukraine in the decades before 1944, I see no reason it should not have been in poland and Belarus, an assumption, but not taken out of thin air, yet I can't be sure of it and never I pretended to say this mod was to correct something wrong or was the best representation of reality in 1944, since I belive only a veteran with good memory who fought there in summer 1944 could be trusted as a reference and yet only for the places he visited...

We grow corn right here in ne italy, it's not the best place in the world for it and we don't get the same yield as Kansas, which is in another continent... yet it grows.

The roof tile I repeat I don't even know what material it is, since it's just a texture found on internet, if you can tell what material it is by the look of a resized 1024x512 pixels texture at 100 dpi with weathering effects Painted on... well, good for you.

I just don't like being fooled around, you don't like the mod don't use it, same goes with roofs, wooden buildings etc., you don't like the wooden surface? Dont use the mod, I didn't use the image of a 1944 peasant shack side wall in poland to make it, just in case someone else doubded it.. Just make sure you avoid starting a case out of nothing.

By the way the weeds, this will scare people, two of them were taken from my garden here in Italy... I am terribly surprised that historians didn't notice that. The corn plant in this mod is most probably not of the same kind, size, color, of the corn that was grown in 1944, pity that CMRT is not a farming simulator, we could just wait a few turns to see it grow... Now let's talk about the shape of grass....

why not do banana fields? ;)

corn, was known in the areas of the former republic of the seventeenth century, only in the 70s of the twentieth century it began to grow on a larger scale - this is a fact, trust me, my family and I lived here for generations and to this we were farmers.

I do not want to annoy you, just turn your attention to it, and just enough - get some freedom when creating mods, but at that time the corn was as exotic as bananas - it is mostly seen in books.

* I repeat, I really like your work, I only have objections to certain details

why not do banana fields? ;)

the corn was as exotic as bananas - it is mostly seen in books.

You know what? You are right, have a cookie, now go play in the yard with the other 10 years old kids.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Grain+Sector

And this is a second source of information, from real books, and not "personal experience" of USSR, a nice data:

Grain harvest in the USSR (millions of tons)

Corn 1940 5.2

I'm pretty sure those 5.2 million of tons are just easy to hide under the carpet... little less than 5% yet it's there, it's not like bananas, a joke you could swallow to yourself, sincerely, with all the disrespect you keep showing.

I accept criticism, not being mocked by someone behind a video screen who call themselves professors while relying on "personal information" just to fool other people who actually read books. I'm not going to reply to stupid jokes more than this time.

lol great escalating :D

Warning! The following article is from The Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1979). It might be outdated or ideologically biased.

what a source,

give the numbers are right, which i doubt, you see corn production not even doubled from 1940 to 1970! wheat and other production is more then trippled.

this says corn wasnt any factor or any popular for the soviets. after 1970, there may be a steep rise if it got boosted by the party.

and this says nothing about poland and its little neighbours.

i guess, just dont use the mod´s and you are fine. eternit roofs, only look that way like on the texture so probably it is eternit roof, same for that, dont use it and you are fine.

i can live with eternit roof in CMRT, i use the mod, but thats just me.

:D

Nobody forces to use my mods, and I never praised them for being anything else than they are: mods for a videogame, but I really don't like to be mocked by some random guy without stating any source, whatever it is.

I reported the writings of a book published by a university and the one above, make your own mind but at least I did some research, besides, the mocking to a player who releases a mod is just plain stupid and disrespectful as the joke with bananas.

Hey Kieme, thanks for the good work! I like the way you are tackling mods that don't normally get attention. That concrete bunker looked exceptional! Now then, I don't suppose you can do anything with the Russian small arms, can you? They sure need some weathering.

You know what? You are right, have a cookie, now go play in the yard with the other 10 years old kids.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Grain+Sector

And this is a second source of information, from real books, and not "personal experience" of USSR, a nice data:

Grain harvest in the USSR (millions of tons)

Corn 1940 5.2

I'm pretty sure those 5.2 million of tons are just easy to hide under the carpet... little less than 5% yet it's there, it's not like bananas, a joke you could swallow to yourself, sincerely, with all the disrespect you keep showing.

I accept criticism, not being mocked by someone behind a video screen who call themselves professors while relying on "personal information" just to fool other people who actually read books. I'm not going to reply to stupid jokes more than this time.

the facts are, the game includes areas in the eastern areas of the Polish republic (in 39 it was occupied by the Soviets, and later Germany in the 41 - and crops here is not changed), and either before the war or during it, corn is not grown in these areas - began her grow in the 70s of the twentieth century.

so the number of Soviet production of corn does not include the areas of operations bagration - because they belonged to barely more than a year - they did not here any agricultural revolution

besides, I will soon be 40 years old, you do not have to deal with children, so please a little respect

Nobody forces to use my mods, and I never praised them for being anything else than they are: mods for a videogame, but I really don't like to be mocked by some random guy without stating any source, whatever it is.

I reported the writings of a book published by a university and the one above, make your own mind but at least I did some research, besides, the mocking to a player who releases a mod is just plain stupid and disrespectful as the joke with bananas.

i understand, and i dont have any issues with corn, eternit or banana fields for the matter. however, i would not use the banana field mod.

dont take anything personal on the internet ;)

besides, I will soon be 40 years old, you do not have to deal with children, so please a little respect

You can shove the jokes with bananas, that's the respect you showed before by intervening to this thread, and all the due respect you are going to receive and deserve if you continue with that kind of attitude.

Now then, I don't suppose you can do anything with the Russian small arms, can you? They sure need some weathering.

Thanks Hilts, I'd like to yes, I'm using Aris weathered german weapons like now and like it a lot, although I wouldn't know where to start with such a mod, I might try that but not sure, mosing rifles look a bit too clean and new to me too, so I hope Aris will make something similar for the russians sooner or later.

Hey Kieme, I also wanted to thank you for your mods, and especially the buildings. Are they 100% historically accurate, exactly what buildings and fields in this area at this time and place looked like? I don't know, but they look great in the game and add to the immersion, & that's what counts for me. Keep up the good work! :)

You can shove the jokes with bananas, that's the respect you showed before by intervening to this thread, and all the due respect you are going to receive and deserve if you continue with that kind of attitude.

it was just a joke - why are placed at the end of emoticons, to not offend the recipient post.

i kinda understand where waclaws coming from if someone did a mod for a game in the region where im from and something is in the terrain but isn't really it would stand out to me. if that thing doesn't suit your tastes for whatever reason don't use it. but really i think waclaw was just giving his opinion and didn't mean anything by it. so don't take it to heart kieme all your work is great.

Thanks Saferight, it means a lot to find politeness around.

I really can't stand rude people, but it's the internet alright, you'll always find one hiding behind the screen.

I wanted to help you, I drew attention to the details that are obvious to the people who live here - that houses whitewashed with lime, much of it was new and had a nice color of the wood, not corn grown here during the war and not used asbestos roofs (eternit -This deserves attention, because these roofs have changed the rural landscape ) - this is not a reason to insult the

Besides, I also spent a lot of time on it http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5172/details

(there is a chance that the same you use it) - and never offended at the suggestion / criticism - and even the sounds made ​​upon special request.