Two game questions

I thought I read that you can unload trucks and make supply depots, How is this done, I have not figured out how to do it if it is possible???

And Question two, I recently noticed that there is a new red dot that can light up on my panel next to the morale bar on the bottom right corner.

Of course I noticed it because I have a few units that have it on and glowing. So I went to find out in the manual what this new dot means and I did not find any info. :confused:

I am away from my machine so I cannot experiment with item one.

It means they are broken or otherwise freaking out.

From the Engine Manual v3.00 on pp32 top paragraph - actually starts on pp31:

panicked, routed or broken, that status is shown in the suppression indicator

display as well. A small dot to the right of the suppression indicator will light up if the unit is Brittle.

my bold

I thought I read that you can unload trucks and make supply depots, How is this done, I have not figured out how to do it if it is possible???

And Question two, I recently noticed that there is a new red dot that can light up on my panel next to the morale bar on the bottom right corner.

Of course I noticed it because I have a few units that have it on and glowing. So I went to find out in the manual what this new dot means and I did not find any info. :confused:

The truck change needs to be done in the editor in creation of the scenario. It can not be done by the player during a scenario.

You cannot create supply depots during the course of the game. Supply depots are created in the scenario editor by the scenario designer.

Actually I found the answer to the first one there too.

From the Engine Manual v3.00 on pp92 (the section on Units Editor / Soft Factors):

VEHICLE STATUS...Transport vehicles (such as halftracks and trucks) set to “dismounted” will appear as Ammo Dumps at Elite skill level...

So basically you take a transport vehicle and set it to dismounted in the unit editor and place it in the 3D editor and when some one plays the scenario at Elite or Iron they will see an ammo dump instead of a truck.

And if they play it at Basic, Vet or Warrior, the ammo will be distributed automatically to... someone. Can anyone be clearer about who actually gets the bullets on the lower "difficulty"* levels.

* I gather that those quotes are going to get less and less necessary, as the game develops, which is a Good Thing.

Thanks Guys

That clarifies things

I have only played a handful of games in the RT, so still learning the changes.

As for the ammo dump, I was hoping it could be done during play.

See a squad jump out of the truck and then for the next few minutes see them unload ammo. Oh, well. Maybe engine build 9.0

Can anyone be clearer about who actually gets the bullets on the lower "difficulty"* levels.

Lemme see here...hmm manual... ammo dumps.... distribution... ahh here it is some guy called Go umm Gomer....

ahh Gomer Pyle that's it. He gets all the ammo. That help?

:D

Yeah, me too. At least you can have the truck with the stuff, can't you, in QBs? Or is the "Supply unit" section unavailable?

Well, you can always buy one or more trucks with whatever comes in them and use them as mobile supply dumps. I expect that supply dumps might be less visible and less vulnerable to enemy fire, but there you go. Maybe next year we will get something closer to the heart's desire.

Michael

Well, you can always buy one or more trucks with whatever comes in them and use them as mobile supply dumps. I expect that supply dumps might be less visible and less vulnerable to enemy fire, but there you go. Maybe next year we will get something closer to the heart's desire.

Michael

History has shown that we usually do... Which is AWESOME! Thanks BFC!

Bobo