Small arms Hit decals.

Hi! I tested the small arms decals and I realise they don't make. I tested a german rifle shooting trucks and nothing happend :( . Only the AA makes decals. Maybe in a patch will be present? or a next module (I want it now btw I want a jagdtiger :D)?.

And thx for giving us this combat mission you guys rocks!

Saludos desde Chile!

I want it now btw I want a jagdtiger :D?

Probably the Jagdtiger was to rare to be part of CM:

Date/Number produced:

February 1944/2

July 1944/3

August 1944/3

September 1944/8

October 1944/9

November 1944/6

December 1944/20

January 1945/10

February 1945/13

March 1945/3

April 1945/7

May 1945/4

Total produced: 78

JagdTigers only fought in the west so you should never see them in the east.

Are you sure there were none in the East? I used to play some Squad Leader and ASL too and there was a scenario called "Agony of Doom" with a Jagdtiger and a Jagdpanther in a little town tryng to hold off the Russians. Of course it could have been fictitious.

Yeah, there are no official records of JagdTigers in the East. Two Panzerjäger-Abteilung had them, the 512th and 653rd. The 512th fought in Battle of Remagen. The 653rd Abteilung fought in the east with Elefants all the way to Berlin.

The 1st and 3rd Company of the 653rd returned west and were re-equipped with Jagdtigers. They served in the Ardennes Offensive and Operation North Wind.

You will see the JagdTiger. You will just have to wait for the Bulge game before you see it.

What Tankhunter says above is 99% accurate. The only correction would be that there were no JagdTigers used in the Ardennes Offensive. There were some that were supposed to be part of it, but they were delayed several weeks because of rail road damage and they were eventually rerouted to other parts. There are apparently three 'sightings' of JagdTigers in the Ardennes. One at Bures, one west of St Vith by a civilian, and one by George Forty in 1948. The speculation is that the one sighted at Bures was almost certainly a JagdPanzer IV 'Vomag' which has a similar appearance to the JagdTiger. The sighting by the civilian could never be confirmed because it was a drawing made from the person's memory. He basically said 'this is what I saw' and the artist said it looks like a JagdTiger. The guess on the one by George Forty is that he, perhaps, saw the vehicle in the Alsace instead of the Ardennes since if he saw it in 1948 then presumably the wreckage could have been verified and there would have been some corroborating photographic evidence (apparently all JagdTigers that were knocked out were photographed amazingly enough).

There you go, all you ever wanted to know about the JagdTiger but were afraid to ask.

Small arms doesn't leave decals.

Probably because it would clog up the engine.

Anything above 12mm will leave decals on vehicles and on wheels on tanks.

Anyihing above 37mm will leave decals on tanks.

That's what I've seen so far.

An ATR will leave a decal on the gunshield of a Wirbelwind. (The gunshield that is part of the gun; not the armor screens that fold down).

FYI.

Small arms doesn't leave decals.

Probably because it would clog up the engine.

Anything above 12mm will leave decals on vehicles and on wheels on tanks.

Anyihing above 37mm will leave decals on tanks.

That's what I've seen so far.

I'd have to test again, but I thought the current system was:

Small arms - no hit decals

12.7-20mm - penetration decals, but no deflection decals

37mm and up - penetration and deflection decals

I can confirm that 20mm Flak 30/38 penetrations leave decals, this is from 2 QBs against SU-76 maybe non-penetrating hits do not? Have not tested..

Yeah, I have seen 20mm penetration decals on SU-76 but I guess there's no non-penetration decal for that calibre.

20mm leaves penetration decals only on "light" armour.

That included SU-76, gun shield on Wirbelwind and Möbelwagen, wheels on any tank, schurzen on the PzIV and side armour on the PzIV.

I have had penetrations and partial penetrations (that should leave pen. decals) on tanks that still leave no decals with the 20mm.