Saferight's Mods

Thanks for your opinions gentlemen. I think i'll do both but the US ones are gonna take much longer though. There is about 1000 files from Rising Storm to go through before i upload those.

The updated Russian voices are uploaded and so are the British, i plan on possibly updating both of these at a later date with voice files from other games.

I also have much bigger mod with many of the sounds from RO-DH in the works at the moment. It won't be as extensive as Oddball's or Waclaw's but i think some of you are going to like it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Saferight for sharing these stuff, really cool sounds and voice in your mods.

The "I also have much bigger mod with many of the sounds from RO-DH in the works at the moment" sentence made me happy and eager to discover more of your compilations.

Saferight:

Thanks for the British voices - there's some good stuff there. I noticed the "chatter" files play too quickly in-game. Could that be because they have a different bit rate (352kpbs) than other .wavs I have seen used by Combat Mission (705kpbs). I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this.

By the way, the version of your German helmet mod with the corresponding normal maps is quite good as well. I'll bet you could put together some pretty amazing US versions if you ever got a wild hare.

Saferight:

Thanks for the British voices - there's some good stuff there. I noticed the "chatter" files play too quickly in-game. Could that be because they have a different bit rate (352kpbs) than other .wavs I have seen used by Combat Mission (705kpbs). I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this.

By the way, the version of your German helmet mod with the corresponding normal maps is quite good as well. I'll bet you could put together some pretty amazing US versions if you ever got a wild hare.

really thanks for letting me know!!! ill have a fix up real quick. i've been having this problem with the files changing bit rates and speeds i'm not sure if this is due to the exporting from the editor for RO or compression sorry i let that slip by :confused:

I dont think ill be doing any of the US im not much of a texture artist really i just grab stuff off the web and the German helmets along with the UK para helmets are made in a way that make what i did practical. I do have more German ones already in the queue for another release ill probably just a have a simple pack for CMRT once im done with the sounds...

I just listened to the British voices. Hilarious! I Love the Scottish accent with my favorite line being "First one of yous bastards to move gets my foot up his arse!" The funny thing is I kept picturing Mike Myers from "I married an ax murderer" saying the lines. Much more character, and fun than the stock voices. Thanks for putting this together Saferight. Going to check out the US voices next.

You unzip the mod folder and if it is not already in a folder it's convenient to create a subfolder in the Z folder and place the mod files in that subfolder.

Make sure you don't have other similar mods in the Z folder or the one that starts with the later letter of the alphabet will be the one loaded.

So, it's also wise to rename your desired mod with a Z in front of its name to ensure it is loaded last and will appear in the game.

Updated RO-DH weapon sounds along with some others uploaded to GaJ's. I also threw in the flamethrower sound from Rising Storm.

Looks like real life work is slowing down so ill have time to work on more sounds like the soldier movements, engines, backgrounds, and music. Enjoy gents

I missed it ?

Seems i don't find this one on GAJ's

Sorry again kendar i took it down to fix a few things and add some more stuff, i will have it back up later today once i get the vehicle loops all squared away. To avoid the confusion i guess i should switch to dropbox like a few others on here.

For all the building modders and map makers here are a bunch of German and Soviet propaganda posters and photos, orthodox religious paintings, along with some other stuff im sure some of you here can use. They are are all in .dds format..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m345go0i8k7lzyh/RO%20Soviet%20and%20German%20Posters%20Etc.zip

And here is something i forgot to release awhile back

German helmet covers made from captured Soviet amoeba camo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt161r6rfvqgz0r/German%20Field%20Made%20Amoeba%20Helmet%20Covers.zip