Saferight's Mods

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill see what i can bang out after i get off work later so just a lil while longer.

No sweat, I was just kidding. Simply trying to generate a little bit more steam and trying to motivate myself to start texturing half a dozen StuGs for the Eastern Front...

Loving the work you have done so far and I've been using them since yo ureleased them, but there was always something that irked me...

And i finally figured out what it was.

The riccochets look like they gouged a deep chunk of the metal out, which would be right.

But the penetrations look like they were made in paper thin metal.

Is there any way you culd increase the 3d depth look of the hole to make it look like it is actually a hole in thick armour?

The riccochets look like they gouged a deep chunk of the metal out, which would be right.

But the penetrations look like they were made in paper thin metal.

Is there any way you culd increase the 3d depth look of the hole to make it look like it is actually a hole in thick armour?

For the most part penetrations from what ive seen of penetrated armor they leave just simple clean holes.

0_3837b_185208be_orig_zpsec4e7172.jpg

1943northafrica03_zpsc257126a.jpg

combs_sherman_tank_02_zpsc3dc61f8.jpg

You can see a really angled penetration on the rear of this sherman

77729732_zpsc9be18e2.jpg

77729735_zps9ecc4230.jpg

For the most part penetrations from what ive seen of penetrated armor they leave just simple clean holes.

0_3837b_185208be_orig_zpsec4e7172.jpg

1943northafrica03_zpsc257126a.jpg

combs_sherman_tank_02_zpsc3dc61f8.jpg

You can see a really angled penetration on the rear of this sherman

77729732_zpsc9be18e2.jpg

77729735_zps9ecc4230.jpg

huh... well whaddaya know... looks like your holes there...

I thought they would look a bit more deep, but I guess not.

I think there is certainly a difference in how a penetration of a Sherman or Panzer III's armor would look compared to a IS-2 or Tiger II. But with only one hit decal per type to go around for all the vehicles in the game you have to find a balance in how it looks. The next update is going to give quite a few options to satisfy the variety of tastes out there. Right now im starting to do more HEAT penetrations

Also i wanted to say whoever did the stock ones did a very good job they look and fit exactly to the types of impacts they are meant to represent. Anywho here are some more interesting photos from the period.

dc810cb6961d63c1fcf725d275672775_zpsb9ab52e5.jpg

m18_zps95191ec6.jpg

durchschuss_zps1f5048e3.jpg

cecinaholeA-1_zpsb1788b39.jpg