CMRT Previous Mods That Work

All the soundmod should work... at least for the german side.

I don't know if the russian weapons have their own filenames or if they use the old western front filenames (so the PPSh41 would use the thompson sound for example).

After unpacking red thunder v100a.brz, in the folder location: sound\bullets and shells\shots I found that there are still sound files in there named for American and British weapons - but using Soviet weapon sounds, so there are some files used by the Soviets that SFX 1.2.5 is overriding. There are also some new files present for other Soviet weapons. The majority of the generic sounds included in Red Thunder are overridden by SFX 1.2.5. One file I would delete from SFX 1.2.5 is garand ping.wav and just use the default sound.

*Base Markers - work (for the casualty crosses)

*ZZZ_CMFI Icons_German Blue - Do not Work

I have got to stop renaming the mods but I like to rename to

UI - XXX

Graphics - XXX

Effects - XXX

To keep things straight.

I was really hoping that the unit markers would work as I have played with them for so long, I forget what each of the vanilla icons represent.

**Correction

Works

• Base Markers (now with the red circle wounded icons that pop up - look good)
  • Icons_German_Blue (now they work, not sure why not before)
  • Special Equipment Icons (look nice)
  • Ratings (though not integrated into the general look and feel)
  • Go-Button (but it looks terrible and off centre)
  • Command & Control (radio, visual, voice)

Yesterday I made a quick test: I made a quick - but in no way complete - "german dealership" scenario with all the german vehicles I could think of. I then put all the corresponding Aris vehicles in my CMRT z folder (I think I have all Aris' vehicles from both CMBN and FI, including all modules - but I may have missed one or two)

The only one that didnt work was the King Tiger.

There are of course many more vehicles in that scenario that arent modded (for instance the Marder II, spw 233 and the Nashorn). But that is because there are no Aris modded versions of those available (to my knowledge at least)

Yesterday I made a quick test: I made a quick - but in no way complete - "german dealership" scenario with all the german vehicles I could think of. I then put all the corresponding Aris vehicles in my CMRT z folder (I think I have all Aris' vehicles from both CMBN and FI, including all modules - but I may have missed one or two)

The only one that didnt work was the King Tiger.

There are of course many more vehicles in that scenario that arent modded (for instance the Marder II, spw 233 and the Nashorn). But that is because there are no Aris modded versions of those available (to my knowledge at least)

Cool!

So we can use the aris vehicles on the axis side until he makes new ones for the east front (which, I suspect, will be after he makes most of the russians)

The king tiger doesn't work because it has henchel added to its filename in RT.

Should be an easy fix if you know what to do.

Well, I´m certainly no King Tiger expert - I can´t tell which is a Porsche turret and which is a Henschel turret.

But I do know how to rename files and the problem here is that the Aris KT mods I have (I have two, incl a V2) both have completely different turret BMP´s than the one in RT. The images are simply not in the same places. So renaming isn´t much of an option.

Maybe that is because they both are Porsche turrets? Then I don´t have an Aris Henschel KT mod - and if there is one, I´m not able to find it?

Well, I´m certainly no King Tiger expert - I can´t tell which is a Porsche turret and which is a Henschel turret.

But I do know how to rename files and the problem here is that the Aris KT mods I have (I have two, incl a V2) both have completely different turret BMP´s than the one in RT. The images are simply not in the same places. So renaming isn´t much of an option.

Maybe that is because they both are Porsche turrets? Then I don´t have an Aris Henschel KT mod - and if there is one, I´m not able to find it?

Huh, it seems you are right.

I was sure his V2 was for MG and thus the henschel turret one.

i am using aris vehicle mods too and they work fine,including his water mod. also dragon lords flames and muzzle flash work and veins tracers and explosions work too. also the camouflaged defensive positions mod works also