Operation Caucasus: Battle for Sochi

BLSTK

We Swedes are heading towards our best winter games yet. 14 medals is our record. We stand at 9 so far. Btw.. it’s amazing that Norway are the leaders in the all time standings (with a population just over 5 million). Do we have any Norwegians here at the forums (bunch of Swedes, Danes and Finns)?

I always found the Olympic counting a bit weird. Are 10 bronze medals really worth less than a single silver?

Historically countries were ranked by the number of Golds then, if tied, in Silver and then Bronze.

I notice the American media has switched to total medals (regardless of rank0, probably because this puts the US higher in the rankings.

We Swedes are heading towards our best winter games yet. 14 medals is our record. We stand at 9 so far. Btw.. it’s amazing that Norway are the leaders in the all time standings (with a population just over 5 million). Do we have any Norwegians here at the forums (bunch of Swedes, Danes and Finns)?

But tell the snowboarder to pull his pants up! ...and to get off my lawn!:D

You guys are doing just fine this year. But you will have to keep at it to get on the top 20 list of all time.

Yep.

Big surprise for me is our hockey team. Now they're in quarter finals and it looks like a miracle. ( with 176 registered players and 1 NHL player /Anže Kopitar)

Tomorrow: Slovenia vs Sweden (76 NHL players)...huh....David vs Goliath

Who knew Canadians could play hockey, eh?

I was really thinking that the US had a great chance to win gold this year based on our qualifying play. We slumped at really the wrong time and the body language of the players after the 1st period was a bit sad to see. :( Still proud of our boys just wished they'd handled it better.

That said I'm a Hawks fan and their players did allllll right...giggitygiggity. :D

Im mad I missed the Canada v US womens hockey game. Sounded like one heck of a game.

It was wild - especially the ending. I am usually the person in the room that poo poos pulling the goalie since is so often ends in disaster (not I get it you only do it when you are going to loose anyway). I will probably never get to say that again with out my Wife and kids reminding me of that ending.

Tough loss for the US women for sure.