Another time-kiling

Just wondering what games (besides CM) you people are waiting for. Here are my 5 picks:

(in no particular order btw)

1)Team Fortress 2

2)Ultima Online 2

3)Starlancer

4)Force Commander

5)Obi Wan (dark forces part3)

Also my top 5 picks i'm playing a lot right now:

(and once again no particular order)

1)Everquest

2)Starsiege Tribes

3)NetPanzer

4)Jane's F15

5)Operational Art of War

As you can see, most of them are old or still far far away. That's why i can't live much longer without the CM-demo AAAAAAH

One question, what's NetPanzer? Sounds like something I'd like..

Well, just recently I started a Battletech PBEM (used to GM a big PBEM set in the Aliens universe with over 50 players for 2 years (mostly as a lone GM but I had a little help for a while with my platoon) ) and am playing as the Magistracy of Canopus (all the proper IS houses were taken frown.gif ),, The nice thing about being a periphery cast-off is that I get to design my own mechs..

Say hi to my 3 MLAS Hermes (walk 9, run 14), my 6 MLAS Assasin ( walk 6, run 9).. Those are my recon elements..

My Assault mech is an Atlas with 18 MLAS and enough heatsinks to keep firing forever. My heavy support has 4 LRM 15s with 6 tons of ammo and 6 MLAS and 3 SLAS (infantry etc)...

We're playing off a 3025 tech base and I'm roleplaying the MOC's shortage of technicians by outfitting most mechs with ONLY energy weapons and using ONLY LRM 15s as my LRMs..

Top Pick I'm playing right now is Combat Mission (obviously).

Second would be Armies of Armaggedon... I've just lost the second battle in the campaign 5 times in a row frown.gif ... The AI is quite capable of beating a human player (and wins more often than I do) and I'll probably be reviewing it for TGN pretty soon.

Third game: Umm the StarFleet Command demo. It looks a good game but I've been so busy I've had no chance to get it.

Actually apart from those three I don't think I've played anything else in the past 6 or 7 weeks.

What am I waiting for?

Well, the full version of Combat Mission wink.gif. I can't wait to really get the CombatHQ at TGN chugging away churning out information and other stuff for Combat Mission and that can only move into full gear once CM is released.

Umm, that's about the extent of my "awaiting release" list actually wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Top 5 games waiting for:

1) Combat Mission

2) Update to tacops

3) Close Combat IV (maybee)

4) Brigade Combat Team Multiplayer upgrade

Top 5 games I am playing:

1) Brigade Combat Team

2) Tacops

3) Rogue Spear

4) TOAW II (PBEM games)

5) Close Combat II

Excepting Combat Mission, which I would like to see yesterday smile.gif, I am waiting for;

1) Close Combat 4

2) Steel Panthers 4

3) Rising Sun (Pacific Front)

4) Age of Wonders

5) Warlords 4

What I am playing right now;

1) Hereos of Might and Magic 3

2) Warlords 3

3) Steel Panthers: WW2

4) Close Combat 2: East Front

5) West Front/ Starfleet Command

Tom

I'm only waiting for Combat Mission. I am however interested to see how CC4 comes out.

Basically only playing 2 games right now, Chain of Command and Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

BTW does anyone have a line on games similar to the old x-com games? Someone got me soldiers at war which has a decent tactical engine but is lacking in the roleplay area.

Games im waiting for

closecombat 4

Combat mission of course (most desired)

Shogun

also waiting for playnett to start up so i can play( ww2) similar to warbirds but its land ,sea ,and air, all combined

games currently playing:

got several campaigns going with friends in cc2 & cc3 want to finish those.

also abit of Axis & Allies multiplayer

Also hidden and dangerous (very buggy) even with patch ,doubt ill finish it.

The games I'm most looking forward to are:

1. Pharoah - It might be too similar to the Caesar series, but it may be different enouhg and have enough updates to warrent a purchase.

2. Reach for the Stars - I long for a really cool space game. I liked the idea of 10th Planet, but after what, 4 years, and now no word of the game on Bethsoft's website, I guess forget it.

3. USAF - I would like to try a flying game, but I don't want to change my lifestyle. Some of these games look too detailed for fun (Falcon 4, Fly! etc.)

Lokesa,

a game very similar is "Chaos Gate", i even believe it uses the same engine as "Soldiers at War". But i like the way experience is handled in CG better. Ofcourse "Jagged Alliance 2" is a bit x-com-like, but somehow i never really got into that serie.

After reading these posts i suddenly realize there are more games i'm looking forward to. Shogun being one of them. So if the demo won't be availible for some weeks i might start a new thread: "The 1000 games i'm waiting for" smile.gif

Well

I'm waiting for

Combat Mission

Gran Turismo 2 on the Playstation

NBA Live 2000 (pc and playstation)

Le Man 24 hour (pc and playstation)

Team Fortress 2 wink.gif

and of course -----> Playstation 2 - what a beast! wink.gif

Notice CM is the only wargame I'm waiting for

Because every wargame coming out now and the near future is old hat, boring and a been-there-done-that.

CCJ

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 10-10-99).]

Waiting for:

1) CM (this is a surprise to all I'm sure) smile.gif

2) Armies of Armaggedon:WDK

3) Driver

4) Rising Sun

5) Surprisingly little else smile.gif

Actually, I'll probably add Theme Park II to the "waiting for" list, depending on how it turns out. TPI didn't quite work for me, but RollerCoaster Tycoon was a blast for quite a long time, and TPII is looking good on screenshots.

I'd also add Road to Moscow if I thought it would ever get finished. frown.gif

Playing:

1) Starfleet Command

2) Colin McRae's Rally

3) EverQuest

4) East Front II

5) CC2 (esp with the east front hack)

I've only been fiddling with the last two as WWII fill-ins until CM comes out. Kind of like methadone for wargamers, only less satisfying.

Top games I am waiting for are of course number one Combat Mission. Others that I have some interest in, but need to play the demos before even thinking about getting them are:

Close Combat 4

Panzer Elite

Steel Panthers 4

and the latest one, Sudden Strike!

Check out the screenshots of this real-time WW2 strategy war game:

http://www.cdv.de/

The only game I am playing now is Close Combat 3 with the Real Red realistic player modification.

RW

Here are the games that I am anxiously awaiting.

1. CM(of course, pre-ordered months ago)

2. Panzer Elite

3. CC4-have to wait and see if it is crap like CC3

4. Maybe Sudden Strike. Will have to see how the demo plays and the realism involved.

5. Steel Panther 4 if it ever gets going

Playing:

1. CC2 Multi-player with damn yanks mod.(only once in a while though, hard to find anyone who just wants to play for fun. Cases ladder bored me years ago when BLACKHOUND and QUANG were #1 and I was #10 never could get into single digits)

2. Nothing Else just biding my time until something comes out. But I am keeping very busy writing.

dano6

Games I am waiting for, in no particular order.

Reach for the Stars {it has been along time since a decent 4x game has come out}

Neverwinter Nights {though I honestly don't think I am going to have time for this game}

Warcraft 3

Wish lists are funny things though, at the beginning of this year I was waiting for

Homeworld

Star Fleet Command

However I did not get them and bought Star Wars: Racer a game I though was going to be stupid.

What I am playing now

1) Star Wars: Racer {a surprisingly fun and addictive game, the whole family likes this one}

2) Delta Force (occasionally)

3) Chain of Command (rarely)

Waiting for:

Close Combat IV

Team Fortress II: Brotherhood of Arms

Homeworld

Shogun: Total War

Playing:

Chain of Command

Close Combat Series

------------------

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."

Sir Winston Churchill

The one game I am waiting for, besides CM of course, is actually "Armies of Armageddon: Wargamer Development Kit". It's supposed to ship real soon and since I was a little involved in the beta, I am looking forward to this one a lot. It's a real development kit, hell - you can even make your own WWII game. Highly recommended.