New Kit/Equpiment Etc. For CMSF REMAKE

Mord

Yeah, I know, we have a similar thread but this one is strictly for the Syria setting and all that that would entail.

For terrain I am hoping for more and varied palm varieties. Mainly these;

33ya.jpg

4wwv.jpg

Here's one US vehicle I'd like to see added.

lvy2.jpg

Add some more...I am just trying to get the drool fest kicked off.

Mord.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of what i would suggest might be too difficult or the subject might be too touchy to implement in BFC's eyes but...I would suggest re vamping the Syrians closer to lines with the horde of info that is now available about their forces due to the current civil war. These links give probably the best list of confirmed vehicles, arty, and aircraft that the SAA fields.

http://spioenkop.blogspot.com/2013/02/syria-and-her-fighting-vehicles_25.html

http://spioenkop.blogspot.com/2013/02/syria-and-her-air-force_20.html

Also more body armor for the Syrians along with kevlar helmets and less 5.45 AKs and more 7.62 AKs.

Improvised artillery assets for the insurgents. More foreign weapons for them as well FN FAL, G3, AR/AK variants, and the slew of the Former Yugo weapons smuggled from Croatia.

More varied fleet of technicals get rid of the PK mounted one add one mounting a KPV instead etc...

Static AA weapons that they have tons of. Finally i dont know if this is planned for Black Sea but since AA weapons can now target aircraft why not add MANPADS???

o4ar.jpg

y0qb.jpg

4mys.jpg

gny5.jpg

lzfx.png

Isn't this a BMP ambulance vehicle? Not really in the scope of Combat Mission.

Actually it is. The AMB S isnt used in its intended role very much but more like a battle taxi by the syrians. Delivering troops, food, and ammunition to different positions. Theres several videos to back this up. They have also been used as vbieds packed with a massive amount of explosives.

Here is a list of features just going to 3.0 will bring to the game. This list is not exhaustive.

Graphic Improvements

Bigger maps

Improved Quick Battle system.

Improved scenario editor

AI triggers

Weather

New animations including pistol animations.

New terrain types including water, bridges, fords, rail lines, crops.

Prisoners

Random vehicle accessories

TRPs

2 man Scout teams splitting off of squad

Scenario and saved game sorting

Bmp map editor overlay

Target armor command

Target briefly command

FoW floating icons

Multi-player improvements

Fire? (no flamethrowers in modern warfare that I know of )

AFV riders

More realistic RoF for automatic weapons

Mod tags by region, weather conditions and scenario

On map mortars besides the British one?

I'd be happy with just that, but if they are going to add new vehicles my first wish would be with British, German, Dutch and Canadian trucks believe it or not. I don't know what type each army would use but since the US army, Marines and Syrians have trucks, I think the other NATO armies should too.

Actually it is. The AMB S isnt used in its intended role very much but more like a battle taxi by the syrians. Delivering troops, food, and ammunition to different positions. Theres several videos to back this up. They have also been used as vbieds packed with a massive amount of explosives.

Still it seems rather marginal. Just because they appear in videos doesn't mean that they are present in numbers meaningful enough that they should be included in the game, it could be a couple of vehicles in several videos. How many armoured ambulance vehicles does Syrian army have, anyway? The amount seen in the game would have to be a very small fraction of that.

It is in fact a handful of vehicles in one particular Republican Guard battalion that are getting a lot of video coverage because of an embedded ANNA News team. They do seem to be using them (or is it just one ambulance?) as a jack of all trades APC, but there is zero indication that this is doctrine or standard practice.

Still it seems rather marginal. Just because they appear in videos doesn't mean that they are present in numbers meaningful enough that they should be included in the game, it could be a couple of vehicles in several videos. How many armoured ambulance vehicles does Syrian army have, anyway? The amount seen in the game would have to be a very small fraction of that.

Well theres two vehicles that appear in game in massive amounts that really the Syrians have little of or have let the fleet rust away out in the open That would be the BRDM 2 and BTR 60PB. I would assume theres more AMB S in frontline use that the BTR based on video and photo evidence since 2011. Truthfully though i doubt BFC is interested in adding more vehicles to the game (unless they say other wise). Im sure their dreading just upgrading the engine.

It is in fact a handful of vehicles in one particular Republican Guard battalion that are getting a lot of video coverage because of an embedded ANNA News team. They do seem to be using them (or is it just one ambulance?) as a jack of all trades APC, but there is zero indication that this is doctrine or standard practice.

I can show you other videos of them from different places besides Damascus, captured ones as well. Its really not a big thing its just an idea im not pushing for them to be added. AMB S would definitely be the last vehicle on my list.

MRAPs are COIN taxis, not necessarily fighting vehicles. Practically no maneuverability and very little firepower or protection above 12.7mm (except underneath, of course). Unless you want to play a game with you driving twenty Ks hoping you dont hit an IED.

I believe CMSF is about fighting a more kinetic, direct action fight, not chasing down Gs (well, maybe I should say shooting back at Gs when they are dumb enough to shoot at you).

Thats what the "Invasion of Syria" was about and thats what the (hopefully) forthcoming Black Sea will be about. Not sure there will be a lot of use for MRAPs.

Unless you want to play a game with you driving twenty Ks hoping you dont hit an IED.

I believe CMSF is about fighting a more kinetic, direct action fight, not chasing down Gs (well, maybe I should say shooting back at Gs when they are dumb enough to shoot at you).

Thats what the "Invasion of Syria" was about and thats what the (hopefully) forthcoming Black Sea will be about. Not sure there will be a lot of use for MRAPs.

Well I disagree with you and i think many others here would as well.

With the caveat that this is all in extremely early stages, since we've still got two games to finish and push out before we even start on the CMSF update, I'd like to... manage some expectations:

This will be an update of CMSF to the current state of the CMx2 engine, not a major expansion of it. While it's very probable that we will add a few pieces of equipment (for example, AA weapons to fit the new AA feature, and adjustments for any gross errors), the scope of CMSF is strictly still "initial invasion of Syria", not "COIN in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan". I get the impression that people have forgotten that after years of user mods for Afghanistan/Iraq. Don't expect us to add every MRAP and insurgency weapon that you've seen in Iraq. We're going to have our hands full already without adding a couple kitchen sinks as well! ;)

IF we were ever to add equipment like this (COIN-related), it would be after the upgrade, as part of a separate Module or Pack with that specific theme, not just thrown into the upgrade because it happens to be tangentially related. And I'm not promising that that will happen; we don't have any plans for that at the moment, because it's too far in the future. First we have to see how well the CMSF upgrade does.

Thanks for the clarification. CMSF upgrade should be a profitable product in the new CMx2 (or3) engine.

With the caveat that this is all in extremely early stages, since we've still got two games to finish and push out before we even start on the CMSF update, I'd like to... manage some expectations:

This will be an update of CMSF to the current state of the CMx2 engine, not a major expansion of it. While it's very probable that we will add a few pieces of equipment (for example, AA weapons to fit the new AA feature, and adjustments for any gross errors), the scope of CMSF is strictly still "initial invasion of Syria", not "COIN in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan". I get the impression that people have forgotten that after years of user mods for Afghanistan/Iraq. Don't expect us to add every MRAP and insurgency weapon that you've seen in Iraq. We're going to have our hands full already without adding a couple kitchen sinks as well! ;)

IF we were ever to add equipment like this, it would be after the upgrade, as part of a separate Module or Pack with that specific theme, not just thrown into the upgrade because it happens to be tangentially related. And I'm not promising that that will happen; we don't have any plans for that at the moment, because it's too far in the future. First we have to see how well the CMSF upgrade does.

IF we were ever to add equipment like this (COIN-related), it would be after the upgrade, as part of a separate Module or Pack with that specific theme, not just thrown into the upgrade because it happens to be tangentially related.

OOPS! I should've been more clear in my initial post. Outside of the palm trees that's what I had in mind, future packs or Modules to the finished CMSF update...not the release itself.

I do like your Palm suggestion Mord.

Yeah, as small as an addition as they would seem I think they'd add a lot to the over feel of the setting. A few more palm types along with the water and bridge you'll have a nice representation of your Euphrates!

Mord.