Maxim HMGs

Rokko

I wonder how these will be realized, from what I know these were not carried in hand but where pulled along on their wheels. So ingame, will they work more like ATGs or be carried around by the gunner like other HMGs in the game?

The SG 43 has a carriage mount as well, while the DShK had several different types... I'm curious how this is handled as well.

Saferight,

The object of your desires was in CMBB, but obviously, getting it over here will take a lot more polygons. And sweet talking! In reality, I'd think that you'd mostly see M16 and M17 half tracks providing the mobile AAA. Or maybe only in Guards armored formations.

Regards,

John Kettler

Your probably right about the M16 John. This is another GAZ AA vehicle i'm sure we'll see at some point. Seems they have the Gun and truck in game just have to mate the two.

11t4.JPG

Back to the original point of this topic how are the movements of the Soviet MGs modeled? Are they broken down into parts or pulled like this?

3svq.jpg

• 3 months later...

Playing a CMRT QB and have a Maxim MG as part of a Submachinegun Bn.

The gun's ammo is listed as 'empty', that's fine, i think they've been firing for a while.

But at the moment the listing for the team says their ammo is:

- 7.62x25 (282 rounds) fine, there are 2 SMG's.

- 12.7mm AP (100 rounds) (???)

- 7.62x38R (21 rounds), fine, gunner's revolver.

- Grenade x2

... There is no 12.7mm weapon of any kind in the QB.

What gives?

HAVE I FOUND MY FIRST BUG?

Oh yeah, and the next MG team along the line, same unit, same thing... carrying 100 12.7mm AP rounds for no apparent reason.

Reminds me of a day at the range. "Everybody, check your pockets!"

*********SPOILER************

If you insert the blue gem found at the crossroads into the slot on the Maxim, you can upgrade it to a DShK.

Back to the original point of this topic how are the movements of the Soviet MGs modeled? Are they broken down into parts or pulled like this?

The operative term is "abstracted". BFC was in a bind with Russian wheeled MGs. The game engine 'sees' wheeled-towed objects as 'AT guns', and AT guns cannot enter buildings etc. Plus Maxims would find themselves being towed behind trucks on their little carriages. The only other option was for the AI to 'see' them as machine guns which get broken down and carried. But they'll be able to enter building and climb stairs.

As a compromise Russian MGs don't need a setup command so there's no reassembling the pieces before firing.