Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Decals!!!!!

AstroCat

Omg!!

I can't believe we're getting some eastern front action again - I am so stoked, this is the best news Iv'e heard since the fat boys split up.

Thank god they have flame-throwers back in - question though: Is the fires self propagating (i.e. does it spread?). That was so amazing in CMBB.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one would run up and collect the shell fragments to figure out what gun was used, no one would break out their measuring sticks to plot the trajectory. Not under fire anyway.

i was thinking a line of sight tool isnt realistic either giving a unit exact measurements to any spot but it is "player information" not necessarily realistic. vectors would be "player information" too, no necessarily realistic. could be toggled maybe. i wasnt thinking bout realistic when i thought about the vectors.

No vectors shown like in our T-72 sim.

too bad would have been nice, decals it is then, i guess why not. thx for the clarification.

• 3 weeks later...
Omg!!

I can't believe we're getting some eastern front action again - I am so stoked, this is the best news Iv'e heard since the fat boys split up.

Thank god they have flame-throwers back in - question though: Is the fires self propagating (i.e. does it spread?). That was so amazing in CMBB.

No, fire does not spread last I heard. I can understand why seeing how fire is a complicated thing with many variables.

MikeyD,

The descriptions on Battlefield.ru and the link for firing trials of the ISU-152 and ISU-122 suggest far worse. A non-penetrating hit on the Panther glacis acts like a shattering hammer blow, depressing the impact point and cracking the armor all around it. There's another picture, via a site called Archive Awareness, of a Panther which in Russian weapon trials took a 152mm APHE hit in the right turret side, about where the cupola is situated. !52mm+ hole going in, but about half of the left turret side ripped away on the other. So thoroughly wrecked is the turret that you wonder how the cupola is still there at all. Looks as though it's practically floating in midair.

The power of these things is simply staggering.

Regards,

John Kettler

Vanir Ausf B,

Don't know how practical it is, but I'd love to see the roaming ear nailed to the ground.

IMO, the ability to hear should, to a first order, be computed from the location of the friendly units doing the hearing and tempered by the environmental sounds, be they natural or manmade. This would greatly complicate detection and localization of hostile firings, in turn greatly improving survivability and expected damage generating potential for such hard-to-spot targets as ATGs. There's a reason Wittmann was more concerned about them than tanks. Even the sharpest ears tend to be severely challenged by tank cannon fire, earphones with radio traffic, artillery fire coming in and more. There's also that little issue of a supersonic projectile's arrival before the crack of the cannon which launched it.

Regards,

John Kettler