New 2.12 patch for CM:Battle for Normandy a virus?

Hi guys!

I just downloaded the v.2.12 patch for the game from Battlefront. But as soon as the download was complete my antivirus program (Norton 360) removed it and placed it in qarantine as a threat.

Anybody here who have hade the same issue or know if the patch is infected with something?

Cheers/Max from Sweden

Hi guys!

I just downloaded the v.2.12 patch for the game from Battlefront. But as soon as the download was complete my antivirus program (Norton 360) removed it and placed it in qarantine as a threat.

Anybody here who have hade the same issue or know if the patch is infected with something?

Cheers/Max from Sweden

Oh my. Do yourself - and your PC - a HUGE favor and dump Norton immediatly. It is horrible.

I recommend the payware version of Malwarebytes. Simple to use. Unobtrusive. Effective. Norton is NONE of those.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Yes, I would do away with NAV...nothing but trouble for many people in many situations. Unfortunately, previous versions were notoriously difficult to scrub off your machine. I hope this problem has been eliminated.

I myself use what I consider to be excellent freeware called AVG...I recommend it!

Good luck!

There is no need to dump Norton if you are satisfied with it.

Just go into your Norton settings and turn off Auto Protect until you have loaded the upgrade, then turn it back on. No big deal, or go in and un quarantine the file in your threats section if you have already gone through the download and install process.

Nidan1,

The top quote in your sig is Emperor Meiji, Imperial Rescript to Soldiers and Sailors, 1882.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Rescript_to_Soldiers_and_Sailors

A famous precept in the Imperial Rescript to Soldiers and Sailors states that "duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."

Yes, I know. Quotation grog!

Regards,

John Kettler

Just go into your Norton settings and turn off Auto Protect until you have loaded the upgrade, then turn it back on.

I have found that in addition to the above you also need to tell Norton not to scan the install directory. I have a BattleFront directory under which I install all the games and I have that in the "do not scan" list.

To be fair, Norton is not the only AV that flags this. Check the support forum and you will see other AV's have also had problems with false positives in CM. It really isn't that hard to fix...just takes a couple of minutes to remove from quarantine and exclude from future scans.