How close are we, Steve?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a very special bottle of Stolichnaya that might work. Has been infusing Ginseng root (and other herbs) since 1998. That might work. Chicken Kiev could might do it as well. Since Chicken Kiev is traditionally a Ukrainian dish it might appease the Modern gods of the "Black Sea" at the same time? If these don't work.... there is always a "fire" offering :D

You'd volunteer to become a human torch to hurry production along? Wow! This time I am really impressed! That is some dedication to the cause!

Michael

Please join me Michael :D It is Fireday and what better to improve the East Front game experience than....toggle intro video, War Movie Mode ON and...

How close are we Steve to getting new Bagration intelligence?

Off to work on "Operation Pond Scrub." Surely by the time I return covered in mud and pond scum, a Bagration Beta AAR will be underway and Stolichnayas raised in tribute

I need to present my excuses to you, Mr. Mord. All that talk about Arracourt is just distracting Steve, and that is obviously causing substantial emotional distress to you and your browser reload button.

:P

Get him talking about Kursk and maybe he'll get in the mood to post some EF pics!

I keep hoping when I load the main page that Santa message will be replaced with a crap load of Russian goodness. I normally just use the forum shortcut but we are over half way through January so I know it's any day...any day now...any day until some fresh news pops up.

Mord.

Steve, God called me and said the world is ending tomorrow. So enough with the talk about pushing ATGs up hills, how's about some EF screens before we all die?

Mord.

P.S. Oh, almost forgot. He said for every Bagration screen shot you post he'll give the world ten more years. So the fate of our existence is in your hands...don't kill us, Steve...do the right thing for humanity.

Steve, God called me and said the world is ending tomorrow. So enough with the talk about pushing ATGs up hills, how's about some EF screens before we all die?

Mord.

P.S. Oh, almost forgot. He said for every Bagration screen shot you post he'll give the world ten more years. So the fate of our existence is in your hands...don't kill us, Steve...do the right thing for humanity.

So, six screenshots should be plenty then? Unless there are some whippersnappers out there ... :D

Mord.

Darn... Almost Total Victory in a push 2 of "Operation Pond Scrub" so just give me a couple of weeks to get back in country and I am good before the world ends. Then a FULL - EF CMx2 release notice might save the world Steve! Everything rests in your & Moon's proclivity to save the WORLD as we know it. Have a Stolichnaya (s) and think about your responsibilities to CM customers and ... the remaining non grog population of the Earth :D

Well the drill seems to be like:

1) Teasing trailer/screenshot. That's the "look, we got something" stage.

2) Four to six weeks later, we get the official announcement, with screenshots, feature lists etc. and we can place pre-orders. That's the "we know for sure what features we will be offering" stage.

3) Four to six weeks later, the game gets released. That's the "we're happy with the stability and functionality in the latest build" stage.

So between the teaser and the actual delivery, anything between two to three months can elapse. I'd be expecting step 2) on Friday evening US Eastern seaboard time or early next week (unless some of the new features is causing trouble), and the actual release by the end of February, early March (if testing doesn't uncover something critical). Even if Steve commented that Bagration was close to be released last year, I reckon they've decided to include some more features as they were going to miss their internal deadlines for that anyway.

Of course, the above is pure speculation.