Modified for the better.

BF has been willing to listen to and adjust their design time and time again.

As I now play the present version of the game I just want to say that the game is getting very good at having a feel that seems realistic. (Well done on the improvements made)

Just in the past few weeks I have noticed in battle things like.

My fear to having to assault a dug in machine gun, hard to remove with arty and deadly to try and assault at over open ground. Very much improved

Tanks that are now blind as to where the enemy infantry is, having to guess and use area fire to try and hit the enemy.

Pistols not dropping the enemy so easily – wishing it would, but knowing it likely should not.

Buildings giving good cover and concealment and having what seems to be about the correct feel to them

Having a crack mortar team trying to hit an enemy unit and watching the shells hit everywhere I don’t want them to and hoping they somehow will zero in and get a good hit or two (not the old first shot and nailed them like I could do at one time)

Anyway the list could go on, but in general, things are feeling pretty realistic in the game now and personally I cannot remember the last time I said. What the ____, because I just am not seeing things that seem unrealistic as to a possible outcome anymore.

I know there is still plenty who are pointing things out and there is always room for improvement . But the game is much better now and in general playing very nicely.

If I had to point to one issue, the only one that still impacts play generally. Is the mechanics of spotting.

There is the issue of how enemy units in plain sight and with a clear line of sight cannot be targeted at times because the firing unit cannot snap the target line because of it needing to see the center of the hex at the ground level or whatever the issue is.

That should be addressed at some point. (but that is the only issue I can think of that comes up pretty regularly that is just not realistic and impacts play.) I also know not likely something that can just be fixed or it likely would have been done long ago.

Keep up the good work and I will keep sending you my money.

Every new patch\module and base game it gets better and better..each move BF makes is one step further towards the perfect tactical wargame experience.

My gaming and hobby would be in a much poorer place if BF weren't around doing what they do. Thats why I'm eternally grateful.

I've been playing fairly steadily since CMBN release and the fun factor is higher than it has ever been. That says a lot about what has gone into the game. If I could rate patches, this tops them all. Improving ease of play and giving more visual map details (drawing distances increased) has really amplified the fun, if there is such a phrase :)

BF has been willing to listen to and adjust their design time and time again.

Indeed - and I agree the game keeps getting better and the recent changes really add a good feeling. I am afraid to drive my tanks around in built up areas now.

My fear to having to assault a dug in machine gun, hard to remove with arty and deadly to try and assault at over open ground. Very much improved

Your are welcome :)

list of excellent advances snipped

There is the issue of how enemy units in plain sight and with a clear line of sight cannot be targeted at times because the firing unit cannot snap the target line because of it needing to see the center of the hex at the ground level or whatever the issue is.

Yeah, and now that the work around is gone and given that it is now very dangerous to drive tanks around cities I am seeing this issue more and more - I hope it can be resolved at some point.