What did patch 2.12 do?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also curious as to what is the new "Ditch Contours" feature? Any pics showing what this is would be appreciated. I can't say I have noticed it. Perhaps because I use a terrain grid mod?

It's a new editor/map feature that allows mapmakers to create abrupt contour changes to model things like drainage ditches and raised embankments.

You won't see it in existing CMBN maps created before MG release because it has to be specifically placed by the map designer.

I think there are some examples shown in the MG module teaser photos.

OK, a little more clarity from BFC would be nice. I have CMBN, CW, MG and 2.0 upgrade installed, plus patch 2.11. Everything is copacetic. I don't need this patch, correct?

P.S. I downloaded it for future use, but I was afraid to install for just the problem poor Juju ran into.

"Need" it, no. But the 2.12 patch does include fixes and improvements over and above the 2.11 patch, so you'll probably want to install it eventually.

I can't speak to problems some are having with the 2.12 patch as I did not have any. It's might be an issue isolated to certain hardware/OS setups, or it could be something more widespread. If you are concerned, there is certainly no harm in waiting a little bit to see how things shake out before applying the patch.

i downloaded for later as well.

Tomorrow the plan was to be gaming from the morning with my friend since we both have the day off.

We finally have the game running well on both my rigs for realtime lan gaming.

Now am to scared to install. How does one revert the install in case I need to? Do I just install v2.11 ontop of 2.12?

or do I have to do a clean reinstall to revert version?

hope you get it fixed juju

besides the trouble, its a nice and good sign that Battlefront is giving us these updates. just hope it wont break anything. cause its been running very smooth and nice since patch 2.11

P.S. I downloaded it for future use, but I was afraid to install for just the problem poor Juju ran into.

It's fixed. Jurpo at the tech forum already has the solution: Avast users will need to add an exception for CM (which so far doesn't seem to work for me; for now I need to disable avast)!!

Yeah, sorry Juju.

2.12 is pretty important to be honest as it fixes a number of little niggles plus improves graphical performance.

New 2.12 Feature List

* Generally improved graphics, including FPS and quality improvements, and better support for faster video cards

* Bridge navigation problems corrected

* ATG issues when setting up near walls and bocage corrected

* AA guns can no longer incorrectly limber near walls and bocage

* Passenger vulnerability in soft skinned vehicles increased

* German halftrack gunners lowered to a more accurate protective stance

* Some urban roofs that incorrectly blocked LOS/LOF no longer do

* Vehicles using Pause do not have accuracy reduced as if they are still moving

* King Tiger ammo counts lowered to probable correct amounts of 64 for Porsche type and 70 for Henschel

* Jagdpanzer IV/70 now has ammo for it's machinegun

* Sherman M4A3(75)W (Rhino) now shows the cutter attachment

* PIAT max range reduced to 180m

* "Ditch Contours" feature

* US Airborne uniform options for Holland corrected

* Missing German Airborne and Navy unit portraits now included

* Fog looks better

* Various minor bug fixes

Yeah, sorry Juju.

2.12 is pretty important to be honest as it fixes a number of little niggles plus improves graphical performance.

New 2.12 Feature List

* Generally improved graphics, including FPS and quality improvements, and better support for faster video cards

* Bridge navigation problems corrected

* ATG issues when setting up near walls and bocage corrected

* AA guns can no longer incorrectly limber near walls and bocage

* Passenger vulnerability in soft skinned vehicles increased

* German halftrack gunners lowered to a more accurate protective stance

* Some urban roofs that incorrectly blocked LOS/LOF no longer do

* Vehicles using Pause do not have accuracy reduced as if they are still moving

* King Tiger ammo counts lowered to probable correct amounts of 64 for Porsche type and 70 for Henschel

* Jagdpanzer IV/70 now has ammo for it's machinegun

* Sherman M4A3(75)W (Rhino) now shows the cutter attachment

* PIAT max range reduced to 180m

* "Ditch Contours" feature

* US Airborne uniform options for Holland corrected

* Missing German Airborne and Navy unit portraits now included

* Fog looks better

* Various minor bug fixes

Isn't this the same changelog as in 2.11, Phil?:confused:

I installed, paying close attention to which files were updated, and it seems that many 3d models have been updated /fixed/corrected...Then Rexploded the newly installed, updated brzs and found new updated animations, vehicles 3d models etc,...

Ack! Will this wreck a lot of mods?

"Need" it, no. But the 2.12 patch does include fixes and improvements over and above the 2.11 patch, so you'll probably want to install it eventually.

I can't speak to problems some are having with the 2.12 patch as I did not have any. It's might be an issue isolated to certain hardware/OS setups, or it could be something more widespread. If you are concerned, there is certainly no harm in waiting a little bit to see how things shake out before applying the patch.

Thanks, YankeeDog!