New sound mod by waclaw

Hi

The Polish Forum CMHQ have a new sound mod.

The changes are profound and extensive, author has introduced several options for the sound example: explosions, ricochets, etc. The whole looks really great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5a83klocozff9c/High%20quality%20sounds%201.2.rar

And a few words from the author.

New sound

(Very high quality!, 2x more sounds!:) CMBN/CF and CMFI/GL (carcano,sten, vickers, piat,bren, etc.)

- background (day/night combat) guns, mortars, rifle, smg, mgun, pistol, explosion, voices (hitbody!),penetrations (bullet fragmentation), ricochet, zips, reload (for guns! and rifle), zips, colaps, shell drops, engine, trucks, flames, incoming artillery, bullet hit ground/water/wood/building/concrete/metal/rock(sonic cracks!), ..........and some more ;)

Changelog:

reduction/increasing volume (engine, shot, explosion, impact, hit........)

add new penetration, shell drops (soft, hard/metal) explosion, impact

add new gun, bren, bar, thompson, mg42, m1 carbine, m3 grease, piat, launcher smoke, grenade launcher (m7/Schiessbecher+ reload) vehicle loops (heavy truck) etc.

Installation guide:

1. put the "sound" in your Data/Z folder.

1. WATCH OUT! - If you have any sound modules you have to remove folders which mod changes,

because sounds have changed names. Don't just copy and paste. If you do it both old and new voices will remain!

2. folder "Background" and "voices" from "sound" - paste and replace, If you don't have anything like that just leave it alone.

Agreed -- just tried this sound mod and it really adds a better level to the audio.

I particularly like the clankier tank sounds.

I noticed the only voice files are various types of casualty screams -- so it would appear to me that Mord's Realistic American Voices, and some of the German voice mods would be compatible with it.

Unfortunately not all weapon sounds were modified - only a few remaining. i wonder why that is so?

1. WATCH OUT! - If you have any sound modules you have to remove folders which mod changes,

because sounds have changed names. Don't just copy and paste. If you do it both old and new voices will remain!

ps. Soon, sounds for Shock Force/Nato/Britsh/Marine (1-3 days) - 200/250 new high quality sounds - all guns(+reload)m256,2a46m,2a28, 2a38, l30charm ak74, ak47,m4, m16, mg3, l85a2,SWD, at4, rpg etc............, ambient, shell drops, vehicle loops (leo2,chalenger, wiesel,warrior.. etc.)

sorry for my english!;)

Hi Waclaw I downloaded your sound mod and are now using it. I have to say it's superb - the whole effect is one of noisy chaos - I love it! The armour sound effects I particularly like and the sound of the brass shells case hitting the floor after firing is genius. I look forward to your CMSF mod.

Thanks again :)

I love this sound mod!

The only critque I have is that the grenade sounds are very weak. Any chance you could give them more BOOM in a redux?

...I did notice that the explosions are labels A-1, A-2, A-3, B-1, B-2, ect. Do we choose the one we want for A, B, C ect. or will the game use a random choice each time?

I love this sound mod!

The only critque I have is that the grenade sounds are very weak. Any chance you could give them more BOOM in a redux?

...I did notice that the explosions are labels A-1, A-2, A-3, B-1, B-2, ect. Do we choose the one we want for A, B, C ect. or will the game use a random choice each time?

Unfortunately, the game randomly chooses, and you can easily add / remove one or more sounds - the letters of the alphabet are more powerful explosions

a - grenades, 20mm, 30mm

b - 50mm mortar

c - 75mm

d ........

etc.

Of course, your comments will use the next version of mods;)

sorry for my "English" ;)

• 10 months later...