version 2.1 performance ?

Hi all...

since updating to the 2.1 patch smoothly i must say with only some minor moans of a few of my favourite mods not compatible, its gone ok. :D

however, i find it takes longer to load and is streching my system even further than before. Im confused as i thought there was improvements to make it run more efficently?

one example is the ON THE vheicle dealer ship map, with the Shaders on, its impossibe to navigate the map to see the vehicles, :confused:

anyone else had any issues? is there another fix in place?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed a pretty significant decrease in the ability of my Mac to handle medium sized scenarios.

Scrolling across the screen, it hesitates, mouse moves slowly across the screen and when trying to click the command buttons. I used to only experience this with large battles.

I can' realy comment on difference since I upgraded my machine. Running the game with fraps I see only cca. 3 frames per second less when I turn on the shaders. The biggest FPS drop for me is when I enable shadows - that drops them by a third! Have AMD 6300FX, 8 Gb of CAS8 RAM, SSD SAMSUNG 840 PRO, Geforce 550Ti 1Gb. I kept my old Nvidia GPU but it seems it currently represents a bottleneck for my FPS in this game.

Is this only since 2.01, guys, or was it the same under 2.0?

Shaders cause a significant frame rate hit on my 3 year old laptop ( Win7 64, Nvidia 260M), but I assume that is expected. With shaders off I don't notice much difference with 1.10 except for longer load times.

How big is the frame rate hit?

Yes.

os 10.7.5

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I have set all the options to run at Fastest as well.

What happens if you turn shaders off? Do frame rates increase significantly?

Im actually having some on PC. Medium and large battles are quite "laggy".... Specs below. Frame rates used to be around 30 now its dropped to 20.

What video card are you using?

I never used 2.0

How big is the frame rate hit?

1920 x 1080

Vsync on

3d models Improved

Textures Best

AA On x2

Shadows and shaders off: 39 fps

Shadows on: 26 fps

Shaders on: 28 fps

Shadows and Shaders on: 23 fps

Good question. I THINK it was 2.01, as I am noting this most recently

What happens if you turn shaders off? Do frame rates increase significantly?

When I turn shaders off it is a bit quicker...but looks awful...:(

Are you guys having performance issues on Macs?

my son (Erik) is still waiting for the fix that will allow him to load CMBN -at all- on his MAC... but only since AuGUST :P

yes, he has a ticket open, and it was 'closed' since he didn't respond, now he's responded saying he assumed it would stay OPEN till the issue was addressed (IE fixed)

he's held off after Commonwealth, as there's no point... and frankly, since i was the reason he (A) bought the sim, and (B) the reason I bought the sim and all the add-on's.. i would think it behoove BFC to get those MAC guys up and running!

2 cents, speaking for my son who got me interested in CM :P

must say i never really used 2.o as soon as i bought 2.0 i then downloaded 2.1,

i don't have shadows on,( never do in games really, too much of a FPS hog)

tho i am able to play large missions "wittmans demise" just the draw distance for the rendering of the graphics, is really short.

i may do a upgrade to my drivers, but the ati card i was landed with isn't as straight forward as the nividia....:-( i miss my nvidia..

to be honest i don' see the need with improved shaders in both games, as its looking damn sweet as it was, and it just puts more preasure on to have the "system" that can really handle it.

nice to see tho that there are improvements coming along, but i always opt for performance, i.e bigger battles :-D

what the hell sort a system you got? :eek:

gona get tanned if you stand close to that thing..lol..

2x7850 Radeon HD Video cards, 3570k I5 Processor Overclocked to 4.0 Ghz, GIGABYTE GA-Z77 Motherboard, 16GB Ram, 2TB hard drive, 120GB Samsung SSD :D, i think im more then qualified to run the game..lol. But like you said, the draw distance for the graphics rendering is really short and large maps and when moving the camera ingame there is a delay, about .5-2 seconds.

wow, so even with all THAT... the game is still lagging? strange especially with the SSD in place, thought it would be flawless. I've been wathing videos on youtube and it doesn't appear to show the shortness of the draw distance. understandable there will be some, can' move away from that, but i'd think it'd be a bit further in the distance.

Yea its very strange for me, i can run every game i own (over 200) flawlessly, but CM just doesn't run as well. I think it may be a optimization issue i don't know as it only lags on large and huge maps. The distance for the terrain rendering is about 250-350 meters ,no matter the map size, compared to what looks like 1km on the videos i see.