version 2.1 performance ?

And if it would should show some nice infantry and vehicle action already on the preview pic, it would make more people interested in downloading it. ;)

It also should be mentioned in the instructions, that the Z-folder should be moved before testing, otherwise mods could impact the measurements.

I think it would also be good, to have list of the parameters to fill out.

I'll start with an example list, maybe others want to correct or update it?

FRAPS RESULTS:

minimum - maximum - average framerate:

HARDWARE

Manufacturer + model:

CPU:

RAM:

Graphics card (overclocked?):

Graphics memory:

SETTINGS

Screen resolution of the game:

In game model quality:

In game texture quality:

Shadows on/off:

Shaders on/off:

GRAPHICS CARD SETTINGS

Anti-aliasing:

Texture filtering:

VOLUNTARY ADDITIONAL DATA

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, do you think you could introduce a FPS display into CMx2?

Something that's more useful than just using fraps, e.g. you could track minimum frame rate over the last 1, 5, 20 seconds in a multi-number display.

I think a lot here would like to help investigating performance but right now you make people rely on commercial software to even get as much as the basic framerate.

Phil, do you think you could introduce a FPS display into CMx2?

I don't see why not. I'll ask and see if that would be possible.

Something that's more useful than just using fraps, e.g. you could track minimum frame rate over the last 1, 5, 20 seconds in a multi-number display.

I think a lot here would like to help investigating performance but right now you make people rely on commercial software to even get as much as the basic framerate.

And that option isn't even available on OSX.

And if it would should show some nice infantry and vehicle action already on the preview pic, it would make more people interested in downloading it. ;)

It also should be mentioned in the instructions, that the Z-folder should be moved before testing, otherwise mods could impact the measurements.

I think it would also be good, to have list of the parameters to fill out.

I'll start with an example list, maybe others want to correct or update it?

FRAPS RESULTS:

minimum - maximum - average framerate:

HARDWARE

Manufacturer + model:

CPU:

RAM:

Graphics card (overclocked?):

Graphics memory:

SETTINGS

Screen resolution of the game:

In game model quality:

In game texture quality:

Shadows on/off:

Shaders on/off:

GRAPHICS CARD SETTINGS

Anti-aliasing:

Texture filtering:

VOLUNTARY ADDITIONAL DATA

This sort of in-depth examination would be great, but please let's do it in the tech support forum as a separate thread. I'm happy to discuss generalities here, but if we're going to get into statistics and try to make this an ongoing central repository of information, the tech support forum would be a much better place for it. If someone would like to start a thread along these lines in the tech support forum I can have it stickied.

Something similar, yes. It's got other information and whatnot built into it. We'd have to make something separate and user-facing. Not hard, but something which could definitely not be at the top of the priority list at the moment.