Tanker tanker pants on fire

Sergei

After reviewing the video several times, i am pretty sure its the crewman who is ejected at 0:13.

Oh, you are right. See that now. In this case akd was right and the explosion from the gun must be a regular shoot fired due the explosion.

He must be the gunner of this tank.

It is absolutely unbelieveable he was still able to leave the scene on his own feet.

Yeah, its incredible he survived this and run away. And I also never seen a tank fire because it is hit by some rocket.

The surving crewman wasn't ejected from the turret, here is footage of a tanker being blown out of a turret -

I didn't realize there was an established form for this event. Is there an international body that sets standards for technique? Are you sure the Libyan crewman wasn't doping?

I have seen some truly incredible traumatic burn injuries in my life experience. Yes, people can do some miraculous things in their fight to survive. Even though he was very seriously burnt the "survivor" IMO would not survive for long without a rapid major trauma / burn intervention. Not a "buddy first aid" patch up.

I agree that he was probably ejected from the turret during the secondary blasts. Although he managed to run away while pumped with adrenaline, it looks like he will probably not survive his injuries. It looks like he's had one or both arms partially severed and burns over most of his body. I'm thinking he has a long and painful death ahead of him and the crewmembers who died inside the tank are probably the "lucky" ones of the crew.

He could have been ejected in the very soon after the impact? I can't see well enough to tell with certainty.

The tanker running to safety has what appears to be significant and classic blast injuries (shoes, pants blown off) as well as burn injuries (clothing impregnated into his groin area). Primary injuries from blast overpressure waves often include hollow organs like lungs. If you can't breath properly survival is challenging. Then there are the Neurotrauma Insults...

It is possible the tanker was outside the tank during the impact. I can't see well enough to tell with certainty. If this was the case he "got lucky" but the blast and burn injuries are still IMO life threatening without modern & rapid battlefield medicine interventions.

Watching it again..you can see him being flipped head over heals before hitting the floor..definitely either halfway out the tank or about to get out when the big jet of flame blew him out..

If you look just at the bottom left of the big jet of flame as it erupts and the normal level flame you see him being thrown and flipped out.

backflip.jpg

After reviewing the video several times, i am pretty sure its the crewman who is ejected at 0:13.

I agree. The turret hatch doesn't open all by itself. When it opens, smoke starts coming out immediately effectively blocking the sight, but that marks the moment he's coming out and you can barely tell that some figure is moving there. The hatch opens at 0:10. The flare erupts at 0:13. The man is visible on ground at 0:14. He got out at the last possible moment.

Your right Sergei, when played in slo-mo he can be seen rising out of the turret inside that huge jet of flame, as he steps onto the engine cover he immediately somersaults onto the ground.

There has been some truly incredible combat footage of this war posted online, I can't recall any other conflict where I have seen so much footage of armour in action.

Looks like the tanker coming out in your image Sergei. No the turret hatch doesn't open all by itself. Wodin's note about him being flipped head over heals before hitting the floor would be consistent with blast injures and burns. If he was blown out at the last seconds he in all likelihood had extensive blast burn injuries and probably died as I doubt he had rapid medical intervention. Is this a Syrian Regular or a Syrian Freedom Fighter? The most recent report I heard was there are some 2 million Syrian refugees outside Syria. It is amazing to me that the US Media does not report in depth about this war yet as many have noted, the video of the fighting is very graphic. When I went back to view this video a 2nd time I had to click a disclaimer because someone said is was disturbing!

Lanzfield, a Syrian version of Thunder Run, though it's more Thunder shoot n' scoot. The BMP's 30mm makes quite a noise, and when the 125mm Rapira lets loose it instantly creates a smoke screen, as in SF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtLyqaT7DQc

Brave camera man, also shows the limited elevation of the T-72

Remind me of Daleks, though a 125 is better than a sink plunger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40jZr72C_p4&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Beating the retreat

Exactly the same pine tree tactic used in Berlin 45

Syria is destroying itself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zr_G6_7Ijb4&feature=endscreen

Rebel armor