Tank Bashing!

Can tanks break through building walls, or standalone (garden?) walls?

I'm playing in Wittman's Demise and Im in an area with an orchard surrounded by a wall. I wanted to knock a hole in the wall by driving a tank through it, but the tank promptly backed away and tried to go around it.

No, they can only run over fences, small walls, and small bocage and such wich however can lead to their tracks beeing damaged.

What you can do though is to blow a hole into a wall using the tanks main gun.

Ah thank you.

To do that I just target area? Is that the right command?

I'm playing in Wittman's Demise and Im in an area with an orchard surrounded by a wall. I wanted to knock a hole in the wall by driving a tank through it, but the tank promptly backed away and tried to go around it.

"how can cross what" by PoorOldSpike from The few good men page:http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/who-can-cross-what.8379/

Hope that helps

Please Battlefront, will be possible to do the tank's wheels more resistants in game? I tend to avoid wood fences (or other "light" obstacles) with my tanks because they get damaged too soon

It will be possible too that heavy or medium tanks can destroy light vehicles? For example, a Sherman hiting and destroying a Kubelwagen and cross over it?

It's that the "surprise"? :D

Regards and thanks for answers

I tried to go with my Sherman over rubble that was left over after I destroyed a house with AREA FIRE, but got the same problem. Tank is trying to find another way and, offcourse, stumbles straight into deadly ATfire.:mad:

Real tanks can go over rubble without too much of a hassle, can they not?

I tried to go with my Sherman over rubble that was left over after I destroyed a house with AREA FIRE, but got the same problem. Tank is trying to find another way and, offcourse, stumbles straight into deadly ATfire.:mad:

Real tanks can go over rubble without too much of a hassle, can they not?

For the most part no.

Keep in mind the rubble pile after a building collapses is quite a bit more vertical in real life then what the game tile shows.

... And don't forget that buildings often have cellars or other sub-grade elements. Regardless of whether the above-grade exterior walls were still standing, driving a 30-ton vehicle into a building would be a great way to end up falling into the basement. I imagine it's something a tank crew might try as a desperation move, but certainly not as a common tactic.

I did some extensive testing on this with a test map I made awhile back. The bad news is usually a tank will go from bright green status (no damage) to dark green status (-1 damage) after going over a single object. The good news is it can go over as much as ten or more obstacles depending on what they are without it changing to yellow (-2 damage). Stonewalls will changes damage status quicker though. Also avoid going over hedges with wheeled vehicles like armored cars. They can go only through a few before they become immobile.

I tend to avoid wood fences (or other "light" obstacles) with my tanks because they get damaged too soon

Maybe I've just been lucky and shouldn't speak too soon, but I've had tanks, halftracks, trucks, and even jeeps knock down wooden and wire fences dozens of times and haven't experienced a single breakdown as a result. I tend to be pretty leery of using wheeled vehicles for that and have only used them that way a very few times, but I did it and got away with it.

Michael