Wow. Just WOW.

I was reading up on the thread at wargamer.com about the thread here by Steve from Battlefront.com http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107549

This thread isn't about Steve's thread, although I do understand his grievances, this is about a post from Sigma One of wargamer.

For anyone who doesn't know, "Sigma One" is the editor of wargamer.com and is also the Public Relations manager of Matrix Games. What he said in that thread was this:

"Funny thing is that there are tons of free games that are like BF3 that you don't have to pay a dime for. Which leads to the whole "if you don't like it, don't buy it" thing as well. There are tons of free, really great games out there."

http://wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=585379&pg=1#629347

Now coming from the Public Relations manager of Matrix Games hiding behind an alias as the editor of wargamer.com, that just turns my stomach. I dont know about anyone else, but thats a low blow. Just unethical. At least be a man about it and don't hide behind your fake alias.

I stay away from Wargamer and Grogheads..I do however post at Matrix.

Here, Sim Hq, Graviteam forum and Matirx are my haunts.

There have been other issues recently with regards to the wargaming community that don't show is in a good light.

I can't be bothered to read the article but your quote doesn't strike me as being something to be up in arms about. I suppose it needs to be read in context.

Anyway I will say no more.

Oh I will say this is an odd first post...plus with my past history and my name being Jason I hope this isn't some sort of attempt to make it look like I posted it. Maybe I'm being paranoid...Though Steve can check IP's etc to show it isn't me..

ah you know my life got much simpler, when - quite a few years ago :) - we trained with some guys of the SAS. there was one of them who would hold his hand over a candle till his skin started to burn without twinkling. When we asked him how he did it, he replied "just ignore it." - i found this a good motto which made my life much easier afterwards ;) we just should do this with all these guy who have some hidden agenda or some other trouble to get BFC the resource they need to create new games & content.

btw. i payed $40 for the upgrade - +$10 for the disk (since i want to add the cd to my collection ;) ) and $20 for the shipment (since i life in a remote place called Europe :D ). no problems with this. just a salad instead of a pizza next time i eat out :D

hiding behind an alias as the editor of wargamer.com, that just turns my stomach. I dont know about anyone else, but thats a low blow. Just unethical. At least be a man about it and don't hide behind your fake alias.

so you came here to tell on him instead of posting in the thread on wargamer? whos hiding now?

are you, errrr Curtis in disguise by any chance?

Locking this up. We have no interest in public spitting matches between forums or organizations. It was a fun read, though. I could make an announcement that we're never charging a penny for our games forever more and I'm sure there'd be a thread over there trashing me, CM, and our products. Not that it would stop them from downloading and playing them :D

I make these games because I want to. I post about them because I care about what I make. I say what I think because I'm honest. Pretty sad this is seen as a negative in some people's view of the world.

Steve