Killing Tanks Gangnam Style!

Op op op op

OK, I have no idea why I said any of that but watch these awesome videos of me smoking tanks.

Here's the set up. I'm playing against my arch-nemesis (ok, one of them) from CMx1. Its a small urban map and he's being unusually aggressive with his armor, sending them into my rear area to take out a number of MG-42s I set up in buildings. I decided to make him pay for moving tanks down a street with no infantry cover.

Here's the first one. I sent two squads into the street. The first, closer to the tank were only armed with grenades. The second squad had a little bit more....Notice at the end how there are a 'few' bullets fired at the terrified bailing crew.

http://youtu.be/IdIsXYX3wdc

For this tank, I had a squad behind a wall. They could not see the tank but I know it was there pounding on a squad in a building at close range. Watch this one from two perspectives...I've never seen a squad surround a tank like that. It was awesome.

http://youtu.be/18yj5WP3Xws

http://youtu.be/ibenc_Jkw4o

All I can say is for once it was not me in a world of hurt...

- Gibson Out.

I love the 'splodey sound and the flames that usually follow.

It's a great feeling murdering your opponent's tanks after they've been harassing the crap out of you. It's even more satisfying when you are able to do it with hand held weapons...it's like a violent, death version of the middle finger.

Mord.

I love the 'splodey sound and the flames that usually follow.

It's a great feeling murdering your opponent's tanks after they've been harassing the crap out of you. It's even more satisfying when you are able to do it with hand held weapons...it's like a violent, death version of the middle finger.

Mord.

Fetche La Vache!

What the hell kind of name is New Glarus?

What was wrong with Old Glarus?

Come to that, what the hell is a Glarus in the first place?

Michael

Bestowed by Swiss emigre's settling in America.

It's in Europe.

Glarus is the capital of the Canton of Glarus in Switzerland

I'm not Swiss and can't speak to the details. They brew a damn fine beer, though.

Yeah you can't afford to send a lone tank into an urban area without infantry protection. Out of interest I wonder why the crewmen used to bail out into inevitable doom. Surely if the tank internals were not on fire/melted to oblivion they would stand a greater chance of survival where they were. To jump out like that into the street was suicidal.

Yeah you can't afford to send a lone tank into an urban area without infantry protection. Out of interest I wonder why the crewmen used to bail out into inevitable doom. Surely if the tank internals were not on fire/melted to oblivion they would stand a greater chance of survival where they were. To jump out like that into the street was suicidal.

You'd think so, yes, but from what I've read about real WWII tank combat is that it often was truly terrifying to get hit by shells, that greener crews would sometimes bail out thinking "We're hit, lets get outta this coffin!"

dungeontiger,

To me, the first attack makes military sense, though it must be a Swiss street, given its anal retentive levels of tidiness. The second doesn't strike me a good use of a Panzerfaust, however spectacular. The M8 HMC has no top or grenade screens, either. It's therefore highly vulnerable to an expensive grenade salvo, as opposed to the pricier and scarcer Panzerfaust.

Regards,

John Kettler

boche,

I understand, but with all the armor the Americans have, the operating assumption has to be there's more coming and is likely larger and better protected than an M8 HMC. For the Germans, it comes down to getting, you'll pardon the expression, the most bang per Reichsmark. Think of it in terms of the Tiger Fibel instruction regarding use of HE. "Don't use HE when you can use MG fire. Here's the cost breakdown, together with the man hours involved."

If you look at a lot of the German footage, Panzerfaust scale of issue seems lower than was actually the case. I seem plenty of footage in which practically every Landser has his personal weapon (rifle, SMG,etc.) AND a Panzerfaust.

Regards,

John Kettler

Bestowed by Swiss emigre's settling in America.

It's in Europe.

Glarus is the capital of the Canton of Glarus in Switzerland

I'm not Swiss and can't speak to the details. They brew a damn fine beer, though.

Badger73, I grew up in Brodhead (15 miles west of Monroe, about 30 from NG), many relatives in NG and Monticello. I'm in Madison. Where u at?