Any news about Market Garden expansion?

Hello Thore,

You're most certainly not the only one who is waiting for a serious announcement in regard to the Marget garden release date.

Some of us are wondering whether it's Battlefronts intention, through this eery silence, to give us the same feeling that the men of John Frost's 2nd parachute batallion must have had while waiting for the arrival of XXXcorps.

It works in my case, because hopefull longing and bitter resentment, disappointment and an uncanny believe in an oh so longed for sudden arrival, are part of my continuously changing emotions.

Sorry, still no news...

Some of us are wondering whether it's Battlefronts intention, through this eery silence, to give us the same feeling that the men of John Frost's 2nd parachute batallion must have had while waiting for the arrival of XXXcorps.

So, day after tomorrow then? Excellent!

Hello Thore,

You're most certainly not the only one who is waiting for a serious announcement in regard to the Marget garden release date.

It works in my case, because hopefull longing and bitter resentment, disappointment and an uncanny believe in an oh so longed for sudden arrival, are part of my continuously changing emotions.

Sorry, still no news...

Brilliant summation

Battlefront works at the same speed as the British during WWII.

Sloooooooooooooooow!!!

Sort of. The announcements in August were pretty amazing,but pehaps slightly over optimistic. Still it wouldn't matter what dates they gave, we'd still be clamoring for more info. BF's attitude seems to be "when we have info worth providing we will provide it, until then there is nothing significant enough to say that won't just generate more conversation that would keep us from actually working". Still even if you add on more time to their expected schedule it is still a helluva a lot more material they are delivering these days. CMBN/CW, the 1.10 patch and CMFI already this year and potentially another patch, a version upgrade and maybe a module still to come. Even if you take a conservative view and don't expect the module, patch and version upgrade till March that would still be 2 modules, 2 patches a version upgrade and a new game all within a year. I would hardly consider that slow.

I'm hoping/expecting the CMBN v2.0 upgrade some time before MG. If they're too close, "no one" will bother with buying the upgrade separately. Give it a few weeks gap and some people will. Or maybe they'll give up on selling the upgrade to those who'll buy MG and just have MG (plus upgrade bundle) and the upgrade come out at the same time.

But surely the patch to BN 1.10 needs to come out even before that...

Battlefront works at the same speed as the British during WWII.

Sloooooooooooooooow!!!

I do not agree.

It seems to me that the Battlefrontpeople are working their arses off. There is more then plenty to look forward to. My problem with BF is of the expectational kind.

After CBBN and Commonwealth, wich I found in most of the "standard" campaigns and in a lot of the scenarios frustratingly difficult and slowgoing, I had a lot of pre-fun in the knowledge/expectation that Market Garden would offer more room to manoeuvre and possibly more play-flexibility.

Since there was no mention whatsoever about the Italygame, I expected Market Garden to be next. Being Dutch, and knowing quite a lot about this battle, I had the money allready burnin' in my pocket. But then, a huge surprise; BF turned out Forces of Italy.

I hated that. Knowing about incapable Italian forces and equipment, Anzio and Monte Cassino, horrible terrain and weather circumstances, not enough Allied forces and fierce German opposition, my thought was:"****, this is gonna be another bloody horrible and slowgoing sloggingmatch. I am not going to buy this one. Why the f#%k did BF do this???"

Not a nice thought, and maybe in the future CMFI will turn out to be the best module ever made, but I was really disappointed. I wanted Market Garden really bad, and I still do. The fact that they do not come up with any release-date, months and months after their first announcement - AND THAT WAS BEFORE THEY EVER MENTIONED FORCES OF ITALY-, annoys me a little bit.

Why don't they say something?