My first Combat Mission game

Just making this thread to say hello and to introduce myself.

So, after being extremely impressed with Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy demo, I decided to buy Fortress Italy (Semoventes and Autoblindas yay!).

Used to play games like Close Combat II and Panzer General as a kid (I'm 25) and was considering getting the new version of CC2 but decided to go for this first. Installing it right now and extremely excited to be playing a game like this again, even though I bet I'll have lots of problems defeating the AI and figuring the finer points of controlling my forces. Guessing that it's not a good idea to start playing as the Italians first. :)

Thanks for making these great games, Battlefront. Looking forward to all the future expansions as well.

Lokik,

Great to see a new face around here. I have learnt a lot by lurking and occasionally asking stupid questions. But the guys here are great and most will answer in a way that even a bad player like me can understand.

You'll have to give us your impressions, joys and frustrations as you see them as a fresh face can highlight things that we jaded players may miss.

Always nice to see "new blood". We're supportive of any gamer who chooses any wargame over a game in another genre, but it's especially nice when it's one of our own :)

BTW, you'll find tons of people here who have loved playing things like Panzer General, Close Combat, etc. I spent a big chunk of my time on those games too. So you automatically have more in common with folks around here than just your interest in Combat Mission.

Oh, and beware of the Finns. They are a strange lot, but they usually mean well. Unless you're Swedish, then it's a little harder to tell. Feel free to have a good natured poke at them, but remember... they are generally better at sarcasm in a second language than most of us are in our native tongue. As I said, they are a strange (but cute and cuddly) lot.

Steve

BTW, you'll find tons of people here who have loved playing things like Panzer General, Close Combat, etc. I spent a big chunk of my time on those games too. So you automatically have more in common with folks around here than just your interest in Combat Mission.

Yeah I'm sure I'll fit right in with this crowd, even if I'm new to CM games. :)

Oh, and beware of the Finns.

Heh, did you somehow check where I'm from or is it just that obvious? :D Either way, don't worry as I'm quite familiar with the strange ways of my countrymen. :)

And thanks to everyone for the welcome.

Heh... I didn't know for sure you were a Finn because there weren't enough vowels in your forum name :)

Actually, I give the "Beware of Finns" speech to pretty much all new Forum members. It's just prudent. Oh, and the other speech is about staying away from any threads that have "Peng" or "Challenge" in the title. Don't ask why, just trust me. Please. For your sake.

:)

Steve