The Art of War

Noob,

Heavens... that is a scary picture.. ;).

I agree with rocketman, scary :).

All the best,

Kip.

BTW. Noob if you want the T N Dupuy formulas I have them already extracted from his books in easy to use format. With note on how to use them... just email me. But I know you prefer to go another route.

Noob,

Heavens... that is a scary picture.. ;).

I agree with rocketman, scary :).

All the best,

Kip.

BTW. Noob if you want the T N Dupuy formulas I have them already extracted from his books in easy to use format. With note on how to use them... just email me. But I know you prefer to go another route.

No harm in having a look at them if you have them in an easy to use format so i'll mail you...thanks.

Man, I would dread that set-up phase :eek:

Fortunately not all the forces you see will be on the same map all at the same time as the players will be responsible for which units appear on which CM map :)

Basically i'm building all the necessary maps and OOB's to play the Panzer Campaigns scenario at my signature as an umpireless CMBN operation, what you see is the entire OOB for the Allies, in the event of a CM battle this main OOB will be imported by the Allied player onto the relevant CM maps in the CMBN scenario editor and whatever forces are not present in the battle will be deleted, another version of the same OOB will be used to track the combat effects of the CM battles that occur, the same applies to the Axis forces.

I'm converting the maps from Close Combat 5 Invasion Normandy (Gold, Juno, Sword mod), they are highly detailed with visible terrain elevations and a number on each building showing the amount of storeys, if you go to this link you will find what i mean, a veritable treasure trove of map pictures: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=150 Just click on the name of the map, then the small image to enlarge.

Here's the map for Carpiquet and Airfield

carp.jpg

Fortunately not all the forces you see will be on the same map all at the same time as the players will be responsible for which units appear on which CM map :)

Basically i'm building all the necessary maps and OOB's to play the Panzer Campaigns scenario at my signature as an umpireless CMBN operation, what you see is the entire OOB for the Allies, in the event of a CM battle this main OOB will be imported by the Allied player onto the relevant CM maps in the CMBN scenario editor and whatever forces are not present in the battle will be deleted, another version of the same OOB will be used to track the combat effects of the CM battles that occur, the same applies to the Axis forces.

<snip>

Interesting idea - I was wondering why have an entire division on a CMBN map even though the group picture you posted is cool.

I have a question though: you spoke of importing a OOB into a CMBN map using the scenario editor, I must be missing something. How do you import an order of battle into the scenario editor?

I have a question though: you spoke of importing a OOB into a CMBN map using the scenario editor, I must be missing something. How do you import an order of battle into the scenario editor?

I must admit i only just realised you could do this recently, it's an excellent feature.

Once you click on the highlighted button you are asked to import a .btt file from the scenario folder, so i have complete OOB's of both sides as .btt files at the divisional level, i.e. the 12th SS Pz Div, 716th Inf Div and the 3rd Canadian Inf Div.

importcampaignunits.jpg

There was a discussion of this back in March and at least 2 OoBs have been posted to use this way. It is a pretty nifty idea to create OoBs that can be easily imported into any map you want to use.

Panzer Lehr by Rocko

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1821

And an SP regt of the RA by JonS

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1806

Once you click on the highlighted button you are asked to import a .btt file from the scenario folder, so i have complete OOB's of both sides as .btt files at the divisional level, i.e. the 12th SS Pz Div, 716th Inf Div and the 3rd Canadian Inf Div.

That is very useful. I am sure I will find a way to get use out of that. Thanks.

There was a discussion of this back in March and at least 2 OoBs have been posted to use this way. It is a pretty nifty idea to create OoBs that can be easily imported into any map you want to use.

Panzer Lehr by Rocko

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1821

And an SP regt of the RA by JonS

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1806

Oh I totally missed that - thanks.