Off topic......need your good thoughts and prayers

Good morning all. Yesterday was a very very bad day for my wife and I. Around 1 AM (EST) my wife woke me and said she was having bad chest pain. We called 911 and she was taken to the ER. Yesterday afternoon, she had a heart cath and the cardiologists found that the stent that was placed in one of her cardiac arteries in January of this year was partially blocked. They also saw that several other cardiac arteries were moderately blocked. They want to try a new cardiac med before going the bypass surgery route. We have been under a tremendous amount of stress since March and I am sure that that stress was and continues to have a direct affect on our mental and physical health. So, I'm asking that you send us your good thoughts and prayers. It looks like this is going to be a very long summer for me and my family. Take care and God Bless. Chris and Becky.

Hey, man. Sorry to hear about this. Give my best wishes to your wife and good luck to you both. Stay positive and I hope it all works out for you two.

Get her into CMSF...nothing relieves stress and tension like a well placed javelin shot to an insurgent's head!

Mord.

Sorry to hear about that greywulf58. Just don't give into the depression or stress. Where-ever you are, be sure to take advantage of the self-help, support groups. There should be several in your hospital's area and actually sanctioned by the hospital itself. We found them extremely helpful when my Dad was going through similar circumstances. It is always good to hear about going through your situation from people who have already done so.

All the best, brother. I only know you from your postings, but I sense a good life energy -- hold your girl close and help her through this. Do not fear. If it does come to bypass, keep in mind it's an amazing surgery but very frequently performed these days. I know people who have had it for 15 years and still doing great.

Hi Chris,

My very best wishes to you and your Wife. I know it is challenging to be positive when illness strikes at those we love, yet a positive attitude is so very important.

Although it is very difficult, we must keep ourselves healthy and energized so we can be at our best to help those we love. Stay strong. Be as cheerful as possible.

My thoughts are with you. All the best,

John

Thanks gents. Your words mean a lot to myself and Becky. We are staying as positive as much as we can and we both know that our lives will be better when we come out the other end of this nightmare.

BTW....I have to agree with Mord about dropping a Javelin on an insurgents head. Did just that in a scenario and couldn't stop laughing when I did a replay of what happened. I'll give the details of that later...but it was damn funny. As far as Becky playing CMSF....good joke.

Again, thanks for the words of hope and encouragement. Chris and Becky.

I somewhat know how you feel. Just got back from visiting my ailing mother in UK a couple days ago, and just got a call saying she's in hospital after a fall...

Life can be trying. But, I feel sure for some reason that all will be well with your wife... Stay positive... Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

greywulf58,

Best wishes amid the most trying of times! Am familiar with your situation. Dad went in for a heart exam and was given two choices: immediate surgery or being measured for a coffin. What was supposed to be quadruple bypass became quintuple, but he survived it. the technology available now is much better than what we had then, so I'd say your wife's chances are better than his, and he all but systematically destroyed his body. Hang in!

Regards,

John Kettler