Waffen SS Vehicle Plates.

Say is anyone going to come out with a mod for all the Waffen SS vehicles to have the Correct plates? I have been playing for some time... and I hate to say it but its weird when playing as the Waffen SS, or against them and their vehicle plates are WH... Heer. I dont know just throws me for a loop on why this was not completed before release.. although not a show stopper.. it just diludes my "WWII fantasy Battle somewhat"

Thanks for any modders or Battlefront personell already working on this.. it seems a bit forgotten.

Also the Field Luftwaffe division plates would have been WL not WH.

Just adds more to our epic Battles.

Juergen.

Thing is that you would get SS plates when playing Heer or Luftwaffe respectively - vehicle textures always stay the same, no matter how you make them look...

Only option - if I understand you correctly that is - would be to exchange the plates every time before a game depending on what units you field in battle. A lot of effort for a comparatively minor issue.

Thing is that you would get SS plates when playing Heer or Luftwaffe respectively - vehicle textures always stay the same, no matter how you make them look...

Only option - if I understand you correctly that is - would be to exchange the plates every time before a game depending on what units you field in battle. A lot of effort for a comparatively minor issue.

This sounds odd, but why could they do it in the older games... in the original series and not now.. sounds like a major snafu in either the way things are coded or something. Im no computer expert but this is the sorta stuff that should not happen.

If I have a Lutwaffe field division, or Waffen SS... they should have the proper asthetics to the vehicle.. they did in the original version.. and Im sorry.. for the amount of money we spend it should be better then the older versions.. not just in graphics.... but with all things.

I will still play the game of course, but with small things like this overlooked its kind of embaressing. They (battlefront team) knew they would be adding said Units in future games so I would have expected them to add the same amount of detail at least from the old version.. as in correct plates.. small and trivial matter yes.. but still... an oversite. maybe, maybe they are working on this, no idea.

@Patboy: Can't replicate that one. which formation are you chosing exactly? All My drivers show the correct textures. Date and parameters (fitness etc.) might also be important for this one.

@GhostRider: The CMx1 engine only used ONE set of textures for each vehicle, so they would show for every formation, no matter what type. Had you a PzIv showing e.g. 2nd SS insignia that tank would show those same insignia even when being from the "Hermann Göring" division.

The new engine can use multiple sets, but those would be mixed and matched, so you'd still end up with the wrong plates bein shown. The only real solution is to delete all the plates.

@Patboy: Can't replicate that one. which formation are you chosing exactly? All My drivers show the correct textures. Date and parameters (fitness etc.) might also be important for this one.

When I select any waffen ss formation containing kubelwagen, opel blitz or sdkfz, I get german driver with correct uniform but not his helmet! In german ss folder I put only helmet ss camo cover to match with their uniforms, not this one you can see in pics below.

Here german ss drivers with ss uniform with wrong helmet

cmnormandy2012041911102.jpg

cmnormandy2012041911121.jpg

cmnormandy2012041911181.jpg

Whereas german Luftwaffe & Heer drivers are wearing the good helmet!

Here german Luftwaffe uniforms with helmet camo cover (I give allmost the same camo helmet) all are OK!

cmnormandy2012041911173.jpg

here german Heer uniforms with diffrent Heer helmet all are OK!

cmnormandy2012041911335.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@Patboy: Ah, I understand. Yes, that seems to be a little bug. It seems to me, though, as if only one or two helmest are actually affected and not all of them. I'll do some testing and report back to you.

@Frankster: For the time being we're either stuck with the standard "WH" plates or would have to get rid of the plates altogether (which I usually did for CMx1).

I'm not sure if they intend to work out a "solution", but it defnitely is a feature with VERY low priority (probably even lower than turret numbers or bounce/penetration decals).

@Patboy: Ah, I understand. Yes, that seems to be a little bug. It seems to me, though, as if only one or two helmest are actually affected and not all of them. I'll do some testing and report back to you.

Thanks for your quick reply here is another odd = SS kubelwagen obs (all ss uniforms) driving by a german ss wearing a luftwaffe helmet!

cmnormandy2012041915025.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have modded each and every german vehicle of the base game, and all of them lack SS plates. The only way would be to create SS versions of each and every mod and swap them if you intend to play with the infamous SS. Adding decal variants (which include SS plates) wouldn't work, since the engine may or may not depict them. No workaround for this, but if the engine would make the game to use a clone mdr mapped to a SS texture (which included a SS plate, that's all, the rest could be the same), then we could have proper vehicles depicted.

I know its seems trivial this entire plate thing.. but you would have thought Battlefront would have thought about this when adding plates in the first place knowing they would have different formations in the future. They strive for authenticity.. and as consumers I guess we are hard to please sometimes.

By the way, GR3/3, wasn't meant as a slam, just a joke. It is the little details when you are up close that can destroy immersion if not done, or not done right. But I do believe BFC will get to all those little things, eventually. So much for them to do what with patching, correcting, and working on new games/modules.

By the way, GR3/3, wasn't meant as a slam, just a joke. It is the little details when you are up close that can destroy immersion if not done, or not done right. But I do believe BFC will get to all those little things, eventually. So much for them to do what with patching, correcting, and working on new games/modules.

Yeah, I am defentily not troubled by it, and I have been a loyal customer of Battlefront. I know in time it will all get worked out. I just have to take side profile screenshots of my actions with softskin and Armored cars.. LOL

Its a great game, and yes its the small things that make this game great.. and many thanks to all those who assisted with this game.1

I know its seems trivial this entire plate thing.. but you would have thought Battlefront would have thought about this when adding plates in the first place knowing they would have different formations in the future. They strive for authenticity.. and as consumers I guess we are hard to please sometimes.

I would have thought that as well. I mean this game, simulation is played for the most part by lovers of history and details like that matter IMHO.

Personally, I would go with what Earl of Grey said...that being just getting rid of the license plates altogether or have ones which are very generic so as to not kill the immersion when utilizing the different branches of the Wehrmacht...again IMHO.

I would assume SS on the vehicle plates is a no go from Battlefronts perspective due to the issue of the law in some countries, certainly Germany.

P

But then, if you look at a lot of the stock German uniform textures from both the base game and the CW addon, the swastika is present.