Demo charge resupply

“The road to Montebourg” campaign, mission “Ecoquenville”

I have two pioneer teams who have blasted one whole in one hedge each.

And now they have no demo charges left. No, I lie. One team has two. At that rate of usage I should be able to blow a hole in a shrubbery. Maybe damage a hanging plant.:confused:

Can I resupply? Or tell them to use less bloody charges per bush?

Do “deuce” trucks carry ammo?

Place your blasting team one square away from the bocage line (but not parallel, since it can bug out and you waste a charge.), then issue a blast order to the closest bocage (so they only have to move 1 tile, if even). They will blast with one charge and it should be done.

Deuces carry ammo but only rifle/mg iirc.

Place your blasting team one square away from the bocage line (but not parallel, since it can bug out and you waste a charge.), then issue a blast order to the closest bocage (so they only have to move 1 tile, if even). They will blast with one charge and it should be done.

Deuces carry ammo but only rifle/mg iirc.

I am trying to visualise that procedure in my head. There was a thread with someone demonstrating that technique somewhere.

I have a feeling one dude in the squad carries the bag of charges and if he gets shot......

The most surefire way to blast a hedge is to place the first blast waypoint adjacent to the hedge where you want the blast to occur, then place the second blast waypoint on the other side of the hedge. The only problem with this is that your men go through the hedge and can get shot up badly if enemy is on the other side.

A safer method is to place the second blast point parallel to the hedge on the same side. However, this may cause unexpected blast results if there are two hedgerows close together like on a narrow country lane.

So, go to hedge, blast, retreat. That uses one charge?

In my mision i used most of two teams worth of charges in 2 blast commands doing a "click one side then click the other side" manouver as the manual told me to.

The team will use 1 charge for every Blast command you issue. So if you create 2 Blast waypoints, the team will use 2 charges, one per movement leg.

In most situations, you want to create 1 "Blast" movement leg, and have the other movement legs be another movement order, such as "Quick".

Be aware that a single Blast command (& demo charge usage) will always open a hole in bocage large enough for infantry to pass through, but it sometimes takes 2 demo charges to open a hole wide enough for a tank to pass through -- this is random and you just have to wait and see if the hole opened with the first charge is large enough.

I'm not sure if this is always the case but so far since installing the CW module I have seen much larger holes created as a result of a single charge. Large enough for a tank to breech without need for another blast.

Not always, I have seen some of these larger openings and my tanks are not wanting to go through them at times, still a two blast needed event.

Yeah, sometimes the one charge parallel to the hedge trick doesn't work. But, you got nothing to lose (except time), and it works more than 50% of the time.

The other trick I use a lot (when possible) is use the kubels and other expendable vehicles to break down gates and fences etc. so the more important vehicles don't risk track damage.

I've "defaulted" to a blast which starts AT the bocage and goes to the diagonal, opposite side, bocage location. In every case thus far it's created a tank-sized hole. If it's a dangerous area, on the far side, I'll pop smoke through/over the bocage first. Or, I let the engineers just suck it up.

Not always, I have seen some of these larger openings and my tanks are not wanting to go through them at times, still a two blast needed event.

This happened before the CW module. Sometimes the vehicles will not go through a wide breach. However, if this happens to any particular breach, it doesn't mean that vehicles will not go through it 100% of the time. Usually a second or third attempt will be successful. But it can be very frustrating, especially in WEGO, to attempt this time and time again.

This happened before the CW module. Sometimes the vehicles will not go through a wide breach. However, if this happens to any particular breach, it doesn't mean that vehicles will not go through it 100% of the time. Usually a second or third attempt will be successful. But it can be very frustrating, especially in WEGO, to attempt this time and time again.

With vehicles that are only a little narrower than the breach they're trying to traverse, I find it helps to place a way point right at the centre of the breach hole, have the movement order on both sides at as close to 90° as possible, and use SLOW moving up to and away from the breach. Otherwise the AI tries to parse your orders, and often struggles.