Various Infantry Mods- WIP

benpark

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best I could do in regards to the tops of the helmets. I'll try a sparse version as well.

dowjzs.jpg

I'll upload the UK helmets in the next day or two. The 12th SS stuff is a while off yet.

Looks good. Maybe a more tuned down green hue on the leaves, since they are dead and been on the helmet for a while. Perhaps a more dried look.

If you mean the types of camo: I looked at as many pictures as I could. Generally, yes- although uncamo-ed netting seems the most prevalent after the bare helmet itself. After that would seem to be the canvas strips. Not a lot of foliage as far as photographic records go, but people wanted it, and I wanted to do it. It certainly happened, but it wasn't the norm by any means.

If you mean the mix of helmets: The game engine controls the mixing and matching. We cannot add nor change 3D models, nor control who gets which helmet. I am adding a 2D graphic over the existing 3D model, which the game then applies in this random fashion.

Just add whatever combo you like, and they will appear mixed in randomly.

If you renumber, just make sure that the numbers are consecutive, and there aren't gaps- for example, you want "uk-turtle-helmet 2" then "uk-turtle-helmet 3" rather than "uk-turtle-helmet 2" then "uk-turtle-helmet 4".

Uploading these to the Repository in a few minutes.

Looks great and I installed your mod. The only game I have going where I am playing CW forces is The Main Event which are Canadian. I saw no sign of your awesome looking helmets on my Canadian soldiers. Is this mod supposed to work on the Canadian's helmets too? I have not had time to try out a QB with the Brits to test so I am just wondering what my expectations should be before I start trouble shooting tonight.

Hi Ian- You just need to rename them to "canadian-turtle-helmet 2", "canadian-turtle-helmet 3" (for the MkIII) "canadian-helmet 2" (for the MkII) and numerically up in relation to how many mods you have. Just remember the blank space before the number. Polish would be "polish-turtle-helmet 2" or "polish-helmet 2", and so on.

I'm glad you like it, guys. Just happy to give back a little and do my part. I'll try to make some progress on the other stuff this weekend.

Hi Ian- You just need to rename them to "canadian-turtle-helmet 2", "canadian-turtle-helmet 3" (for the MkIII) "canadian-helmet 2" (for the MkII) and numerically up in relation to how many mods you have. Just remember the blank space before the number. Polish would be "polish-turtle-helmet 2" or "polish-helmet 2", and so on.

I'm glad you like it, guys. Just happy to give back a little and do my part. I'll try to make some progress on the other stuff this weekend.

I'll get right on that - thanks. Any thoughts on updating the mod to make it official? My guess is that the same procedure would be needed for the Poles too.