1.10 Patch and Ongoing PBEM Games

I know this has been brought up several times ... but I don't think there was ever a definitive answer ... or if there was, I didn't understand because I'm just too dumb!!

1) Can I install Commonwealth as a separate game with it's 1.10 patch and still play CMBN with the 1.01 patch until I finish my ongoing PBEM battles??

2) Can myself and my opponent install the 1.10 patch mid-way through an ongoing game?? If this was done, we would install the patch before playing the turn that processes the action.

I know this has been brought up several times ... but I don't think there was ever a definitive answer ... or if there was, I didn't understand because I'm just too dumb!!

1) Can I install Commonwealth as a separate game with it's 1.10 patch and still play CMBN with the 1.01 patch until I finish my ongoing PBEM battles??

2) Can myself and my opponent install the 1.10 patch mid-way through an ongoing game?? If this was done, we would install the patch before playing the turn that processes the action.

Easy solution, keep your 1.01 install as is and install 1.10 in a new folder... As long as you install the base on the same machine you can load it as many times as you want ...

Easy solution, keep your 1.01 install as is and install 1.10 in a new folder... As long as you install the base on the same machine you can load it as many times as you want ...

I highly recommend doing that. I ran with the original game and the patch side by each for a while. One by one I migrated PBEM games over or played them on the original game if there was a problem.

I highly recommend doing that. I ran with the original game and the patch side by each for a while. One by one I migrated PBEM games over or played them on the original game if there was a problem.

So, on an Apple MacBook Pro, when I do the install, I tell it to put the Commonwealth install someplace else?

Thanks .. :)

Regards,

Doug

That's a really interesting idea.. I didn't know you could do that ... :P

Regards,

Doug

I was just thinking the same thing. The content in the latest patch would have to be backwards compatible (not usable but not cause instability in the base game). It may be worth a try.

Bob

I would just save a copy of the 1.01 executable file somewhere. Then you can swap it out with the 1.10 file as needed.

Note that for this to work you will also need to remember to move the v110 and commonwealth BRZ files out of Data folder and move the Modules folder away. Otherwise unthinkable results may occur...

So, on an Apple MacBook Pro, when I do the install, I tell it to put the Commonwealth install someplace else?

So, I have a pc but the process is most likely similar. Here is what I will be doing - once it is available:

Starting with the fact that I have the existing game installed in a directory named CMBNP1.

1) Leave the current working install alone. Do not mess with it, don't look at it funny:)

2) Install the base game into a new directory called CMBNCW

3) Install the patch onto the CMBMCW directory

Note: you now essentially have two installs of the same thing except the new one has no mods.

4) Install the CW module into the CMBMCW directory.

Now you have both versions installed and you can keep playing your current pbem games with the original and start your new ones with the new install.

As a safety I saved the old 1.01 CMBN .exe file. I think all one has to do if a saved game doesn't work with v1.10 .exe is exchange it with the 1.01 .exe.

No. "Note that for this to work you will also need to remember to move the v110 and commonwealth BRZ files out of Data folder and move the Modules folder away. Otherwise unthinkable results may occur..."

The simpler, and preferable unless you're short on HD space, method is to just copy the entire CMBN folder before you update to v1.10.

hey,i just loaded a 101 save to 110

seemed to play ok,but the noise was amazing

sounded like 1000 nebelwerfers screaming in and a sky full of aircraft overhead:)

try it for a laugh

Yeah, I had the same experience, I thought a flight of B-17's was unloading on me. :eek: