Please help me decide. Would you like to see a CMBN site like this?

I've been doing some preliminary work on a community site for CMx2 players and I have now come to a point where I need to decide if I want to commit to it or not.

I started doing this for educational purposes but have been thinking about finishing the project and offer it as a service to fellow CMBN players.

The Site would support

- Real Time Opponent finder

- PBEM Opponent Finder

- Tracking of all ongoing games

- Support for QBs and Stock Scenarios

- Combat Mission 2x Exclusive, from start CMBN and CW module with others to follow

- Statistic tracking in order to provide useful data on battles fought so most even matchups can be created

No of Allies Victories / Battle Type

No of Axis Victories / Battle Type

- Opponent Feedback

- Personal Ranking and track of battles fought

- Game Statistics for every registered player

- Ability to exclude certain options / games

- Tournament Support (bracket style)

The plan is to design a dynamic site that CM players can use in order to find proper matchups.

I know there are sites out there providing matching options but none of them seem to be complete when it comes to CMx2. I would like to create a site that offers all that and is exclusive to CMx2 but before I commit fully I want to investigate if there is any interest from you fellow CMx2 gamers. I don't want to spend time and money on a project that only few would be interesting in.

I'd rather spend the few hours I have each day on playing the game instead :)

If there is major interest then I will commit to this and see it through otherwise I'll scrap the project and go back to gaming/reading.

The whole thing will be commercial free and free of charge so I only want to do this as a gift to our unique and great community.

I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks!

Hi Guys,I don't post much but the mp opponent finder would really help me (and I guess more players) get some pbem games and realtime ones also going. I used to play another wargame from another company and it had a mp portion that was easy and i had 6-8 games active daily. Since i am disabled I can play quite a bit during the day,,,Would love to see this project finished ! :)

The Blitz also has most of what you are talking about. I guess the big thing missing would be a real time player finder.

It has a ladder system that includes a results based rank (ELO) so, over time, you can find players that have similar skill level to play:

http://www.theblitz.org/ladders/Combat-Mission-Battle-For-Normandy/action=ladder&lid=16&active=0&played=0&order=d&order_by=elo&all=1

Another opportunity for you to join forces perhaps.