Question on the Carbide Carbide Map

Where can I get it? Searched on the Repository to no avail...

Edit: While we are at it which authors make top notch scenarios or which scenarios are the best of them all? I'm a lot into a very detailed and realistic looking map - a lot of effort generally needs to go into the map. Also which user-made campaign is the best for you guys?

I have completed all the Campaigns except for Road To Montebourg, and I have only played 3 of the scenarios of the A BLOODY RIDE campaign, but ABR is so far the most interesting.

ABR has really different scenarios (so far) whereas often I get the sense of doing more or less the same things repeatedly in other Campaigns' scenarios. My 2nd favorite is probably HOFFNUNG.

Bear in mind that the scenario is broken in terms of Victory Points for the Americans at the moment and George was going to re work it. Not found it on the Repository but I hope George will tweak it soon work allowing. Still a great game but very tough for teh Americans and if you do as is suggested by the briefing you will not be shown as winning. Not a problem if you are comfortable with knowing you did well and not needing the computer to re-affirm that. Give the American side to the better player... IMO Also see thread on best H2H scenarios which has a list of some good games to play.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99376

Bear in mind that the scenario is broken in terms of Victory Points for the Americans at the moment and George was going to re work it. Not found it on the Repository but I hope George will tweak it soon work allowing. Still a great game but very tough for teh Americans and if you do as is suggested by the briefing you will not be shown as winning. Not a problem if you are comfortable with knowing you did well and not needing the computer to re-affirm that. Give the American side to the better player... IMO Also see thread on best H2H scenarios which has a list of some good games to play.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99376

Hi H

still sitting on my to do list. I will fix the points issue. Hoping for some spare time this coming weekend and will get it done then.

Cheers fur noo

George

*** Minor Spoiler****

When the games ends you will have to decide if you exited enough to consider it a victory for the Americans. The way exiting works is you don't lose points by exiting units and this is a counter intuitive way of working. You would think the game would award points for exiting vehicles.

So in the current design if you exit vehicles these do not give fair weighting to the American Victory. The briefing is clear in that the American player should take one crossing point and then exit forces. However the way scoring works the Americans can only win if they take all three crossings, IMO, or two and do more damage.

Anyway just play the game and see how you feel you did and do not worry too much about the final scores awarded by the computer....

Thanks I'll avoid reading the other thread until it is over.

I've just finished rejigging the scoring to account for the issue that Holien highlighted. Can email you the file (hoping to upload it tonight) if that helps? New file gives the US player a 700 point bonus to account for the exit/not exit issue.

Can I get this as well George MC? I'm playing this scenario as well and am about 8 turns into it. I'm assuming one just replaces old game file with new and that should take care of it.

You can grab it here at the repository. Just been uploaded. This version is renamed differantly so it will not overwrite the original. Just download the above file, unzip it and shift the file into your scenarios folder in your CMBN game.

Can I get this as well George MC? I'm playing this scenario as well and am about 8 turns into it. I'm assuming one just replaces old game file with new and that should take care of it.

Oops should take more care in reading. Just so I'm not off beam here you can't continue a started game with the new scenario file. You'd have to abart your existing game and start afressh. Alternatively just add 700 points to the US at the end of the game.

• 5 weeks later...

I just finished up this game. this is the old format and I was the americans

Here is a example of how the adjusted score will affect it.

I ended the game with one objective held, tried for two but it turned into a meat grinder, so I pulled backed and exited my units

I had all units exited off the map except for one Half track & one immobile tank and 4 men plus the tank crew.

This shows a loss, but my performance was good, not excellent. With the added points, that would make a major result change.

Excellent scenario by the way.

tMfbG.png